Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:21 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I had an email from them recently asking to come and give us a shipping quote, no way not now they have lost me as a potential cutomer thanks to this thread.

Maybe i should email them back and show them this
We used Robinsons for half a container they were just brilliant!
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

i know this might of put you off, it would of put us off to, but there has been some guys on here that have used them with no problems,
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
i know this might of put you off, it would of put us off to, but there has been some guys on here that have used them with no problems,
Totally agree with you there did research this alot and got quite a few quotes and investigated the idea of doing it ourselves etc even spoke to someone who had given them a glowing review on another expat website (independantly not someone they had refered us to) thought they were someone to be trusted and it was worth paying that bit more for what looked like excellent service, believing that you get what you pay for etc, not on this one guy's! but you live and learn,
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tanah
We went DIY - Maritime Crago. Packed the boxes and crate ourselves and unlaoded at the other end we saved a fortune - ok yes we had to do the work ourselves but was well worth the difference in savings.
WE were told by the "companies" who provide the full service that packing the crate ourselves would guarantee customs would open it and that would cost $1000's so wouldnt be worth doing DIY they gave a whole story about how customs "knew" shipping companies and trusted them with inventories etc and that there was no way our crate would not be opened. Customs were very impressed with my packing list and even said I had listed way more info than I needed ( worked in favour though coz they didnt need to open it) - we packed our crate and listed as we were advised by the company and also from things I had read on here - our crate was NOT opened and everything arrived in one piece
I'm glad things went ok for you, we want to do things exactly the same way (DIY). The thing is I'd like to know where you got your container from and how the whole process from door to door goes.
What sort of company did you look up ?
Did you have to find someone to deliver the container to your new adress from the port ? or was it part of the package ?
Last question : how long did they leave the container in front of your house ?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:09 am
Just Joined

jeniffa84 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is really bad luck. I will keep it in mind. When you are paying for your goods to be transported they should be handled with care all the way.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

I had AP out yesterday and they told me that "if we pack goods ourselves we wont be able to get insurance".
Needless to say, they have been crossed off our list.
Tina
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered if there was any sign of a decline in shipping rates in the downturn?

What are the typical prices being quoted now for various cu ft of goods UK to Canada?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

LadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant futureLadyRayden has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by albertabound
I had AP out yesterday and they told me that "if we pack goods ourselves we wont be able to get insurance".
Needless to say, they have been crossed off our list.
Tina
What raised alarm bells in our head is when the representative from AP said that the insurance was with them directly and not with a third party. I was like, wait a minute, so if I make a claim to you against you, how can the insurance department be impartial? And he was like "Oh well this means that we are better not to make mistakes since it costs us double."

Yeah right. AP did not make it any further with us.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

thesidds has a spectacular aura aboutthesidds has a spectacular aura aboutthesidds has a spectacular aura about

Just had our quote through from Anglo Pacific
£5400 for 20ft container, midlands UK to Vernon BC. This is before insurance
The guy at our house was very professional and really helpful, but I can't help thinking that we're paying for glossy brochures, dvd's and advertising!!!
If the other quotes aren't a lot cheaper than this I think we'll be leaving stuff behind
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thesidds
The guy at our house was very professional and really helpful, but I can't help thinking that we're paying for glossy brochures, dvd's and advertising!!!
If the other quotes aren't a lot cheaper than this I think we'll be leaving stuff behind
I hear you on cost. I cant make my mind up whether to take 2 large items. The rest is boxes. If it is a big difference, I think I will leave them because the cost to replace will not be that much more
Tina
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

When we were moving back the company that I wanted to use had the most expensive quote so I told them what the other companies had quoted and asked if they could match the price, fortunately they did. Can't hurt to ask
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

jeniffa84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
When we were moving back the company that I wanted to use had the most expensive quote so I told them what the other companies had quoted and asked if they could match the price, fortunately they did. Can't hurt to ask
That is a great tip. Sometimes you can get t best of both worlds, cost effective and a good job well done.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough

Hi,
We just got a quote from PSS for a 20ft container from Liverpool to Pitt Meadows BC at £3722 before insurance, bit of a difference to AP

Hope this helps in some way

Simon
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by albertabound
I hear you on cost. I cant make my mind up whether to take 2 large items. The rest is boxes. If it is a big difference, I think I will leave them because the cost to replace will not be that much more
Tina

Don't be so sure.
If these big items are good quality, bring them with you. You won't get the same here unless you spend big bucks.

Bring as much as you can with you, you go through an unbelievable amount of money in the first few months here and you won't want to be forking out loads of $$$$ to replace all the stuff you left behind.

We also used Robinsons and were really pleased.

Canada Dreams; You might want to hint to AP that you've had a few friends ask if you could reccomend a shipping company!!

Last edited by joelsa; Jan 26th 2009 at 3:38 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of
Angry Re: like i said, anglo paciffic is crap

Just to follow up our experience I have recently unpacked my printer and it is fecked totally and utterly fecked, I just want to cry it was only 2 months old when those ******* twats 'packed' (jammed it in a box as it turns out) now it won't print a ******* thing - i can safely say that my rage towards AP grows and all i want to do is paste the Sh*t out of the manager in manchester and the ignorami he sent to pack my stuff. SOOOOOOOOOOO VERRRRRRRRRYYYYY ANGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY
Would complain but whats the ******* point they truely do not give a SH*T!:curse::curse::curse::curse: