Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Life pretty awful

Life pretty awful

Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all
Default Life pretty awful

Hi all,

Not been on for a while with one thing and another , My daughter been ill, Had car broken into and now today , sadly my uncle has passed away very suddenly and very quick at such a young age 50!!

Surely thats my 3 ! They say thing happen in 3s well ive certainly had my 3 .

Any how this has made us realise we have to go for things in life as life is so short . We go to Canada in 4 weeks and cant wait counting the days now .

Just one last thing , Yesterday i was told that a gang of children had been bragging about breaking into my car and selling all the stuff they took . They said that if anyone tells the police they will be back , this time alot worse firstly they would get my 10 year old daughter !! OMG can youths get any worse what do i do ??? Shall i inform the police and risk paying the consequences . It amazes me we have worked so hard for our dream home having only bought it brand new last year in a lovely sought after village , its a dream house 5 bed 5 bath beautiful but you know what i would give it all up for happiness and for my children to be safe ! Sorry to go on ill get off for now perhaps emotions running a little high tonight....

sorry Debbie x
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:47 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life pretty awful

Sorry to hear about all the s**t you're going through
50 years old........thats.no age at all :curse:
Hope things look brighter for you soon
Daz
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:59 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of everything that has happened Debbie

Hope things pick up for you soon and you have a fantastic trip to Canada
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
Hi all,

Not been on for a while with one thing and another , My daughter been ill, Had car broken into and now today , sadly my uncle has passed away very suddenly and very quick at such a young age 50!!

Any how this has made us realise we have to go for things in life as life is so short . We go to Canada in 4 weeks and cant wait counting the days now .

Just one last thing , Yesterday i was told that a gang of children had been bragging about breaking into my car and selling all the stuff they took . They said that if anyone tells the police they will be back , this time alot worse firstly they would get my 10 year old daughter !! OMG can youths get any worse what do i do ??? Shall i inform the police and risk paying the consequences . It amazes me we have worked so hard for our dream home having only bought it brand new last year in a lovely sought after village , its a dream house 5 bed 5 bath beautiful but you know what i would give it all up for happiness and for my children to be safe ! Sorry to go on ill get off for now perhaps emotions running a little high tonight....

sorry Debbie x
Bloody hell Debbie...what a nightmare few weeks you've had. Yes, that has surely, absolutely, totally got to be "your three" bits of bad news out of the way. Everything crossed for that being the case.

As for the little gits, personally we don't think we would be able to hold back on telling the police - even though they may not act on what they might view as "hearsay". However, we don't have a child being threatened so we can completely understand any reticence you may be feeling.

Best wishes for a smooth and peaceful few weeks before you come over on your trip.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:36 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Little buggers!!

May be you could tell the police the day before you leave??

big hugs x xx x x
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Many thanks for your replies,

As for the little "gits" they are well known thugs and really don't want the fear of not knowing what they will do next ! Plus what really would the police do ?? Give them a slap and £500 to go on holiday with isn't that how british punishment goes these days ??

No were going to look at the future and move on .....

As for my uncle he did an amazing thing when he was here and signed his donor card so hopefully he will be able to save a life in all this sadness !

Roll on 18th October Canada here we come , Whats the weather like at the moment ??

Thanks again
Debbie
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the weather like at the moment ??
Calgary/Okotoks have been absolutely glorious for last couple of days and are due to remain so for the next couple.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:59 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

sorry Debbie x
What little shits.:curse:...im sure you can't wait to leave....

Hugs sent .......xxxx
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:41 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie, what can anyone say to make it easier. Your uncle was 2 years younger than me you're right to look forward, go ahead with your dreamn

27 in Regina today
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

That is why were all on here to get away from this sort of abuse and a goverment that protects the criminals

I dont think they should get away with it and I would luv to kick there butts and give them a good slap around the lug but I would probably get nicked for it or worse still have 10 of the lil sh**s jump me

Hopefully everything works out for you, good luck!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

We've just had a turn in our luck for the better. Hope that you are the next in line for some good news.

OKMurrays
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Just one last thing , Yesterday i was told that a gang of children had been bragging about breaking into my car and selling all the stuff they took . They said that if anyone tells the police they will be back , this time alot worse firstly they would get my 10 year old daughter !!
That is the pits. Do you know any older "gits" that could put the frighteners on them for a few quid?

Maybe best left alone.... things are cyclical, so good times lie ahead.....
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Keep yourselves safe and good things are on their way to you all.
All the best.
Yoong
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:48 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

thats is awful , but hey just think you will be in canada in a month and you will have a fab time

take care xxxx
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future

sorry about bad things happening to you.

As to the threats:
-my advice is, try to assess yourself how seriously you take these
-and if you decide that you take the threats seriously, leave your house with your whole family now (as in today), sort out details later, and protect yourselves

Unfortunately, the police can't do much about protecting people from crimes to happen in any country. The system is there to punish people after they have committed crimes, and unfortunately, there is not much the system can do to protect anyone from a potential threat. (other than the punishment acting as a deterrer)

From what you write here, though, I get the impression that you are not seriously worried for your safety, and I am glad about that.

As I live with a death threat for over five years now, I have done a lot of research into these things. If you are seriously worried, as I said, think about protection rather than the police. First things first.

I highly recommend "The gift of fear" by Gavin de Becker to anyone who lives with threats, or otherwise has to assess the danger they live in. (I am not affiliated with this, it is just the best book I found on the subject).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.