Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lethbridge bound

Lethbridge bound

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:50 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Lethbridge bound

Originally Posted by moondevil
Ellie is such a star, she is just like a little sponge, sammie is atreasure the help that she has given to both me and ali is brilliant with the girls, if she had not been here i don't think mine would be so happy as she is, even though there is 5yrs between the kids she has been a total star

You are one lucky mum to have girls like that, a credit to you and your OH
Still loved what jack did to sammie's pants this morning
Cheers hun, i am glad that she has helped your eldest, they are all fab kids and all get on so well that i think it's fab. How you can have 7 kids of all ages in one space for hours at a time and no falling out??? That's amazing!!!!, i am certain the threats to kill help a wee bit...

That was funny, my dog is a star as well.....LOL
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:59 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lethbridge bound

Originally Posted by Rainey69
Cheers hun, i am glad that she has helped your eldest, they are all fab kids and all get on so well that i think it's fab. How you can have 7 kids of all ages in one space for hours at a time and no falling out??? That's amazing!!!!, i am certain the threats to kill help a wee bit...

That was funny, my dog is a star as well.....LOL
Your dog maybe kidnapped if all goes to plan later

Just make sure he is outside when we do our driveby later, mind you ill bring a timmies, give me an order who will be there and i am sure i can get that timmies to understand me :curse: and give me more that ONE hot chocolate

Hope you got the PM back Jo, jason is lovely, just let him know who gave you his number, i need good karma for later today
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:09 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hot chocolate plse dude

Its always fun after youve ordered seeing if you get what you asked for, hopefully youl get the Lancs girl who works in 13 st N Timms, she never gets it wrong, funny that lol.

Seya later x minihaha x and good luck x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Moonie

PM sent and thank you for the info....not sure how soon before to get looking at rentals...seems a bit daft at the mo when its only OH coming over and he is going to doss in the truck til we get there.

You girls have been so helpful...I may be persuaded to bring over some goodies when I come over on my recce!!

Karma sent for whatever you need luck for later.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:08 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Hi Moonie

PM sent and thank you for the info....not sure how soon before to get looking at rentals...seems a bit daft at the mo when its only OH coming over and he is going to doss in the truck til we get there.

You girls have been so helpful...I may be persuaded to bring over some goodies when I come over on my recce!!

Karma sent for whatever you need luck for later.
Thanks...house buying

No probs minihaha hot chocolate ordered, i'd be ok if i get the lancs girl, she'd understand me, must ask when she's working
Now bricking it, but i think i just need a timmie's sugar rush
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jo,

I'm Amanda and I'm also in the same boat as you, planning to move over to Lethbridge this year with my husband, two children (aged 2 & 3) and my mum! I'm actually over on a recce next month and going to be looking at the areas to live and schools and playgroups for my little one so I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Just wanted to say hello really, but also wanted to say that two of my cousins moved to Lethbridge in October with their families and they are both working for H&R. They are all loving it (the working husband, the wives at home and all the kids (ages range from 5 - 20). Seems to be a hit with all of them so far!

One of the families lives on the North side and one on the South. They are all renting at the moment but I think the ones on the South Side are a bit happier with where they are living, but obviously that's all down to individual choice. Just to put your mind at rest about pets - one of my cousins came over with two dogs and they had secured and moved in to a house which they are delighted with after only a week of looking. Next time I'm speaking to them I'll ask who they found the house through and let you know.

Anyway, like I said I just wanted to say hello and fill you in on all their experiences so far,

Take care
Amanda
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

benjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant futurebenjamin78 has a brilliant future

If you can put up with the westside hill there will be a new public and catholic high school opening in the fall 2010. I would pick the southside over the northside but that just me. But the nice thing about Lethbridge is that you can get anywhere by car in about 15 minutes

Ben
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
It's okay. My sisters do the same.
Its a female thing,time zones etc..
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Its a female thing,time zones etc..
Isn't being unable to understand the concepts of time and distance in general a female thing.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:58 pm

Isn't being unable to understand the concepts of time and distance in general a female thing.
HEY thats not fair, come on the girls thread and start calling us women

i will get that whip out again
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:15 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

HEY thats not fair, come on the girls thread and start calling us women

i will get that whip out again
Yes please
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:25 am

Yes please
So you like pain......................
just wait till i see your OH
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:30 am
Account Closed

So you like pain......................
just wait till i see your OH
Lol.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathcrow
Hi Jo,

I'm Amanda and I'm also in the same boat as you, planning to move over to Lethbridge this year with my husband, two children (aged 2 & 3) and my mum! I'm actually over on a recce next month and going to be looking at the areas to live and schools and playgroups for my little one so I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Just wanted to say hello really, but also wanted to say that two of my cousins moved to Lethbridge in October with their families and they are both working for H&R. They are all loving it (the working husband, the wives at home and all the kids (ages range from 5 - 20). Seems to be a hit with all of them so far!

One of the families lives on the North side and one on the South. They are all renting at the moment but I think the ones on the South Side are a bit happier with where they are living, but obviously that's all down to individual choice. Just to put your mind at rest about pets - one of my cousins came over with two dogs and they had secured and moved in to a house which they are delighted with after only a week of looking. Next time I'm speaking to them I'll ask who they found the house through and let you know.

Anyway, like I said I just wanted to say hello and fill you in on all their experiences so far,

Take care
Amanda

Hi Amanda

Thanks for your message. I would love to bring my mum with me but I think my dad would complain a bit that she wasn't there so maybe not! We have said that, God forbid, my mum finds herself alone, we will then bring her over to us.

That info about the house rental would be great thanks. Failing that, I might shave the cats and dress em in clothes and just say I have really ugly kids!

Keep in touch and good luck on your recce.

Jo
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benjamin78
If you can put up with the westside hill there will be a new public and catholic high school opening in the fall 2010. I would pick the southside over the northside but that just me. But the nice thing about Lethbridge is that you can get anywhere by car in about 15 minutes

Ben
Hi Ben

Thanks for that info. I think I am going to have to look at the 'hill' over on the Westside first....We have a hill near where I live called the Rhuallt Hill and I'm like 'Driving Miss Daisy' down it coz its so scary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.