Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lethbridge bound

Lethbridge bound

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lethbridge bound

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Most expats kids will probably get new friends quickly, as I find most Canadian kids love the Brit accents.
Yeah I know - so many funny comments have been made about our Mancunian accents
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:38 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Most expats kids will probably get new friends quickly, as I find most Canadian kids love the Brit accents.
So true, i love the girls who look googleeyed at my son and the "boy" attention on my eldest is closely watched

Although now my little girl has now got a new fella called "boy" - they look so cute playing, must ask his mum one day what her son is called
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
Although now my little girl has now got a new fella called "boy" - they look so cute playing, must ask his mum one day what her son is called
Can just see her shouting "Oi Boy"
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:00 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

That reminds me, was passed this link some time back

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wj96kIfMkbM
also if you do a search you will find ice storms etc, real fun to watch
there is also the http://www.chooselethbridge.ca

If you need the rent guys info, just feel free to PM me, plus i have links to all the younger kids stuff
I spoke with my daughter last night on the sporty side for you, the do PE as we call it everyday, but it can be dance, running about playing ball tag, just really getting the kids to run some steam off.

There is also groups that i can help you with for your 4yr old, so being alone is not the hassle, i find fitting everything into a week the challenge.
I know when minihaha came down, she moved from calgary to here, so alittle different, worth dropping her a PM for the cats side, plus i know that jason has just managed to find a house for another family who has a dog

My daughter said to tell your son not to worry, although the first few weeks are hard, she loves school here and would never go back
(this is from someone who would of jumped on that plane real quick to be with her nan:curse

good luck
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:54 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Lethbridge bound

That reminds me, was passed this link some time back

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wj96kIfMkbM
also if you do a search you will find ice storms etc, real fun to watch
there is also the http://www.chooselethbridge.ca

If you need the rent guys info, just feel free to PM me, plus i have links to all the younger kids stuff
I spoke with my daughter last night on the sporty side for you, the do PE as we call it everyday, but it can be dance, running about playing ball tag, just really getting the kids to run some steam off.

There is also groups that i can help you with for your 4yr old, so being alone is not the hassle, i find fitting everything into a week the challenge.
I know when minihaha came down, she moved from calgary to here, so alittle different, worth dropping her a PM for the cats side, plus i know that jason has just managed to find a house for another family who has a dog

My daughter said to tell your son not to worry, although the first few weeks are hard, she loves school here and would never go back
(this is from someone who would of jumped on that plane real quick to be with her nan:curse

good luck
That's exactly how my 2 are, My eldest is far from the sporty type and never took her P.E kit into school in the UK, she's quite happy to do it here and is miserable when not at school. For a child who was in a special needs school to come here, join back into mainstream school with no problems and get over 90% in all her exams so far, and be on the Honors Roll list 3 times in just over a year, proves how good the teaching standards are here. Neither of my children have any desire to go back to the UK, in fact both of them are planning on college and university now, with the eldest wanting to go Japan to live, she goes for 2 weeks in July on an exchange with the school. My other daughter wants to move to Australia, so the doors have def opened for them since we have been here. My eldest just got 96% in Japanese......how cool is that??
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow....you have all put my fears to bed over my son...I was telling him this morning what you all had to say and he wants to move over now!!

Moonie, I will PM you for the rental info....I know it is going to be tricky to find a rental that accepts pets but I'm hoping it will easier than if we had a huge dog. Maybe some would think I was daft to bring the kittys but its not an option to leave them behind...they are my furry kids!

Once again, thanks so much for all of the fab advice and reassurances you have given me.

Jo x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Wow....you have all put my fears to bed over my son...I was telling him this morning what you all had to say and he wants to move over now!!

Moonie, I will PM you for the rental info....I know it is going to be tricky to find a rental that accepts pets but I'm hoping it will easier than if we had a huge dog. Maybe some would think I was daft to bring the kittys but its not an option to leave them behind...they are my furry kids!

Once again, thanks so much for all of the fab advice and reassurances you have given me.

Jo x
Nice to hear he is that positive, that will hold him in great stead when he gets here. I would also pm sheffspurs as he has bought his dog over so could be a great source of advice on that score. You are not daft, i would have brought my dog but couldn't really justify the 3 grand to bring her over, so i know what you mean about furry kids.... E-mail is on the way for you, and keep us posted on how you get on. Hubby should be over quite soonish.....H&R don't hang about if memory serves, we are all here to help and support in any way we can.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainey69
Nice to hear he is that positive, that will hold him in great stead when he gets here. I would also pm sheffspurs as he has bought his dog over so could be a great source of advice on that score. You are not daft, i would have brought my dog but couldn't really justify the 3 grand to bring her over, so i know what you mean about furry kids.... E-mail is on the way for you, and keep us posted on how you get on. Hubby should be over quite soonish.....H&R don't hang about if memory serves, we are all here to help and support in any way we can.
Thanks Rainey....3 grand???? I have been looking at prices for transporting the cats and I don't think its as expensive as that. Saying that, I'm not paying an agency to bring them...After I sort flights, I will take them to the airport and book them in myself. One of my furry boys is a miserable boot and a mummies boy so I need to keep them with me til the last moment really otherwise he will sulk for a month!

Hopefully hubby-2-B will be over by April...then he has to work like a dog and save money for me to spend when I get over!

Last edited by farjojo71; Jan 22nd 2009 at 5:49 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Thanks Rainey....3 grand???? I have been looking at prices for transporting the cats and I don't think its as expensive as that. Saying that, I'm not paying an agency to being them...After I sort flights, I will take them to the airport and book them in myself. One of my furry boys is a miserable boot and a mummies boy so I need to keep them with me til the last moment really otherwise he will sulk for a month!

Hopefully hubby-2-B will be over by April...then he has to work like a dog and save money for me to spend when I get over!
I like the sound of that!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I like the sound of that!!
what a coincidence....so do I!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

My eldest just got 96% in Japanese......how cool is that??
Absolutely amazing - huge congrats to good old El ! (Didnt want to embarass myself not knowing exactly how to spell her full name Those girls are amazing with the Japanese - even tho they have a teacher who is off her rocker and dances around LCI
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:08 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

When I heard the high school offered Japanese I was well impressed. The whole school options here sound more up to date and engaging for the kids then the UK system, but then I am going back a bit to my options of Childcare, Baking or CDT. Funnily enough I did none of the above, officailly was CDT but I never could tell one angle from another angel.

Still figuring out wich middle school my K will be going to in a few years, looks like Wilson so off to see what they offer, personally I wouldnt see a problem with any school here just like the UK just depends on the teacher.

x minihaha x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Absolutely amazing - huge congrats to good old El ! (Didnt want to embarass myself not knowing exactly how to spell her full name Those girls are amazing with the Japanese - even tho they have a teacher who is off her rocker and dances around LCI
Cheers Gay, she has come on leaps and bounds at LCI.....and Tani is totally mad but so much fun and i think that's why the kids learn so much here. I picked the girls up one friday lunchtime and they were sitting outside with the Japanese teacher while she was having her lunch, even then she was teaching me some Japanese. I think that is the whole difference here, teachers really want to teach, it is a passion for them and not just a job.....they are all fantastic.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:24 pm

she has come on leaps and bounds at LCI.....and Tani is totally mad but so much fun and i think that's why the kids learn so much here. I picked the girls up one friday lunchtime and they were sitting outside with the Japanese teacher while she was having her lunch, even then she was teaching me some Japanese. I think that is the whole difference here, teachers really want to teach, it is a passion for them and not just a job.....they are all fantastic.
Ellie is such a star, she is just like a little sponge, sammie is atreasure the help that she has given to both me and ali is brilliant with the girls, if she had not been here i don't think mine would be so happy as she is, even though there is 5yrs between the kids she has been a total star

You are one lucky mum to have girls like that, a credit to you and your OH
Still loved what jack did to sammie's pants this morning
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Still loved what jack did to sammie's pants this morning
Dare one ask?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.