Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lethbridge bound

Lethbridge bound

Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lethbridge bound

Hi all

Newish to this site and can usually be found on the trucking section...

My family and I are planning our move to Alberta within the next year. OH has just been offered a job with H&R in Lethbridge so that is where we will based. OH is going over as soon as the paperwork is sorted out and myself and our 2 children will be following approx Feb next year.

Would really appreciate advice from anyone who is in the know about decent areas to live and any to avoid and schools etc. We will be renting for the first year at least so we will have to find a rental that will accept 2 kittys too hopefully!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lethbridge bound

Any Lethbridge lovers????
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few here, buit they usually aren't around until later. They are 7hrs behind the UK.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
There are a few here, buit they usually aren't around until later.
oops yeah, I forgot about the time difference
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farjojo71
oops yeah, I forgot about the time difference
It's okay. My sisters do the same.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hopefully someone will come on later then...I posted this a couple of days ago but you know how many questions get asked on here...I looked for this post today and it was on page 5!!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

I'll keep an eye out for the ones I know.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'll keep an eye out for the ones I know.
Thanks very much
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

No problem.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:48 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. We are in sunny Lethbridge and we love it. Its real family orientated here and some lovely areas to live.Erm not sure what else to say really apart from hope you have a stress free time getting here.
Lots of us lovely expats to meet here if you want when you get here.

Any thing specific you want to know?

You will love it here im sure, the peeps are so friendly, I count me blessings every day for living in such a nice City. My children are very happy here being 8 and 5 they have tons of friends at school and enjoy going every day, unless its - 30 odd that is.

x minihaha x
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minihaha
Hello. We are in sunny Lethbridge and we love it. Its real family orientated here and some lovely areas to live.Erm not sure what else to say really apart from hope you have a stress free time getting here.

You will love it here im sure, the peeps are so friendly, I count me blessings every day for living in such a nice City. My children are very happy here being 8 and 5 they have tons of friends at school and enjoy going every day, unless its - 30 odd that is.

x minihaha x
Hi Minihaha

Thanks for your reply. I had read that the area is nice but its good to hear it from peeps who live there now. Our children will be 12 & 4 when we come over next year. Obviously my main concern is areas to live in (or avoid like the plaque?? ) and schools....again any that should be avoided. I have read up on the net about Lethbridge and I see that the schools come under catchment areas so obviously would have to consider this. From what I have read, the west side seems to be a popular area to live in. What area do you live in if I may ask?

Anyway, thanks for the offer of meeting up....I will be over for a recce before we move so maybe could organise something then.

Jo
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:26 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Lethbridge bound

Originally Posted by minihaha

x minihaha x
Cheers Mini........what nice peeps are here????? Don't go to the West side..........that hill is awful in the winter....you will need a toboggan!!! No seriously Lethbridge is great and there are a good group of us here, Moondevil should be along shortly and she is a fab source of info. Schools are great and they are really family orientated here, lots of stuff to do.....just not in the winter unless you are into car skating and getting stuck!!!! Funnily enough, my 2 girls are 15 and 16, are well enjoying life here but they are also a bit against going out in -30......i don't get that either?????? I am around most of the time if you want to pm me with an e-mail address, i can send you all the gumph i have on Lethbridge and piccies etc, just give me a shout. Let us know when you will be over fora reccie and we will arrange to meet up. Mini and i are on the North side, Moonie is on the South

Good luck with the move.

Rainey xx

Last edited by Rainey69; Jan 21st 2009 at 10:28 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rainey69
Funnily enough, my 2 girls are 15 and 16, are well enjoying life here but they are also a bit against going out in -30......i don't get that either??????
If they start moving about, they'll soon warm up.

Car skating is fun, though my wife only likes it if she's driving. Must be a control thing because I think it's fun even as a passenger.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:32 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Lethbridge bound

If they start moving about, they'll soon warm up.

Car skating is fun, though my wife only likes it if she's driving. Must be a control thing because I think it's fun even as a passenger.
Teenagers and move about????? in the same sentence........not a chance
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rainey69
Teenagers and move about????? in the same sentence........not a chance
Turn the Wii off then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.