Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lethbridge, Alberta?

Wikiposts

Lethbridge, Alberta?

Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lethbridge, Alberta?

Originally Posted by rach05
There are loads of beautiful housing estates
That's an oxymoron, surely?!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:47 am
Just Joined

rach05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's an oxymoron, surely?!
Haha, ok I revise that then. I meant in comparision to some of the housing estates in England.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rach05
Haha, ok I revise that then. I meant in comparision to some of the housing estates in England.
And presumably the housing estates in Canada, which also tend to be without charm.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

jkgoulds will become famous soon enoughjkgoulds will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Parker3
Does anybody here have any experience of Lethbridge? I'm trying to get a sense of whether we might like it there and all that I keep reading is that it's very windy!! We live near Nottingham at the moment and have two kids aged 5 and almost 2. My husband is from Northern Ireland but has dual citizenship (Canadian and British) and is considering a University job in Lethbridge. At what age do kids start school in Alberta? I'm a working mum at the moment and would be staying home with the kids if we move, and while that sounds nice it would be good to know how many years it will be until the youngest goes to school ;-) Any help, advice, pointers etc would be very gratefully received. Thanks!!
Im going to give you my most honest, personal opinion....

DON'T DO IT!

however, i do not know what you are looking for?! me and my partner are currently living in Calgary are looking at moving back to England back to... nottingham for a place to live - been here 2 years - lasted 2 months in lethbridge and that was in summer, kind of says it all! its not a bad place but it isnt a nice place, unless on your days you want to visit a Japanese garden all the time then go for it! the shopping, malls etc... are terrible.

I found the place a little dirty if im honest, its very windy, there are jobs but i dont know its not a great place. its boring, not alot going on, maybe the annual ''show and shine'' but thats about it!

Like i say, thats my personal pererence you however may like that.

House prices are cheaper than the city, obviously...
Schooling? I have no idea, although I know they start fairly young and there is alot of day care about
Same boring chain strip malls and burger joints
Not many social events
Nothing really walking distance

Good luck in what you choose, but do ALOT of research! - google maps and mayor McGrath to start things off?

The university IS very good, no doubt about that. All depends what you fancy but sitting here and thinking of the buildings and charecter in Nottingham almost makes my knees weak!

Last edited by jkgoulds; Apr 16th 2013 at 4:41 pm.