Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Leeds Expo Saturday 22nd

Leeds Expo Saturday 22nd

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Sir Stampalot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leeds Expo Saturday 22nd

Went to the Expo at Leeds today......bit of a pain to find if you're not familiar with Leeds town centre

A bit pricey at £15 a ticket.....but received a couple of free pens and key rings.

Anyway, not much on offer if you are looking for a career in the Aviation industry, like myself, but the one positive thing that pleased my wife, was that we COULD take with us our dogs and cat
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

g-lilo3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by guccismith
Thinking of going to the Leeds expo on Saturday, £15 per ticket seems a bit steep Anyone out there with some freebies or discounted tickets available?

Cheers
I went today and it was a waste of time . nothing you couldn't have got from te web/ e pat forums
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Forgot to mention, info on Alberta was quite informative, that is, working permits, schooling for the kids, etc
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

StefkeUK is on a distinguished road

Hello,

We're just back from there (went only today sunday 23/11/08).
And i have to saymy mind is now clearer on where we better be going than this morning. So Even I fI haven't landed a job yet, I have the feeling I have made progress and I know what I have to do now.

I would say the only disapointing things was there were very few moving company, means less cahnce to meet them straight and discuss about what they do. But You can't have everything in one go.

Stefke
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
we went yesterday and were quoted approx 3500 fpr a 20 foot container
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

katiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nice

We went early on the first (Saturday) to the Leeds expo in June - the kids had a great tie collecting all the freebies fro every stand
We, on the other hand, gleaned useful info and asked questions of the lady fro the CHC, but other than that, could have got most of the info better from this web site!

TBH we did feel it useful exercise - if only from the point of view of experience - and we gained an idea of just how many others were of the same mind!
We booked on line and saved time & money doing it that way - pre-registration etc - plus taking a packed lunch saved us a fortune.
Apart from that, it was right across from the Royal Armouries - a free half-day visit the boys thoroughly enjoyed

KatieMoon
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Stampalot
Went to the Expo at Leeds today......bit of a pain to find if you're not familiar with Leeds town centre
Leeds is a city! And a nice one at that
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adele
Leeds is a city! And a nice one at that
Yes, and like most cities, have rubbish signs so you can't find your way through

My sat nav drove me round in circles, and an AA autoroute was probably written before all the roads were completed

Great monkey puzzle trees though
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Chick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to all

I'd be interested to know which immigration consultants were there and what those that attended throught of them.

I'm planning on DIY, but am going to speak to a few 'professionals' up front!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I went to the Liverpool and Leeds shows; both were very similar in content and delivery.

To sum up, these shows are perfect for you if you;
Have no internet or no internet search skills
Work in a career explicitly represented by an employer at the Expo

I don't think I've learned anything from either of these shows as most of the information is easily found online or by asking the nice ppl on places like this.

I certainly won't be going to another.

I was surprised at the Canadian Immigration's presentation which quoted a 26 (or was it 28) month wait for FSW applications.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Stampalot
Yes, and like most cities, have rubbish signs so you can't find your way through

My sat nav drove me round in circles, and an AA autoroute was probably written before all the roads were completed

Great monkey puzzle trees though
Ah right well I don't pay much attention to the signs - I always take the train into Leeds, the thought of the M62 is too much - I like to listen to music and zone out.

Sounds like you had an adventure anyway!