Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Learning to drive Ontario

Learning to drive Ontario

Old Sep 26th 2013, 4:16 am
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of
Default Re: Learning to drive Ontario

I learned from scratch when I got to Ontario. It's not all that scary really. I had an old provisional licence I'd hardly used from the UK. Ontario credited me with a year's driving experience on the basis of that, so I didn't have to wait the usual 8 months to a year to take the G1 exit test.

The G2 restrictions shouldn't get in the way of day-to-day driving. Basically no alcohol and it's easier to get banned. There are additional restrictions on young G2 drivers, but they wouldn't apply to a 33 year old.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

Thats interesting. I will make sure we bring his provisional from here. Thanks for that.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:38 pm
Soulless bureaucrat

Lemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cornmatthew

The G2 restrictions shouldn't get in the way of day-to-day driving. Basically no alcohol and it's easier to get banned. There are additional restrictions on young G2 drivers, but they wouldn't apply to a 33 year old.
This is true. I learned to drive from scratch over here my thirties, and once you get through the G1, you can drive almost without restriction on a G2, aside from having no alcohol at all in blood when driving. I drove on a G2 for 4 years before bother to get a full G
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

This is very encouraging.

I love expats, someone can almost always answer any question you may pose!