Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lawyer Referral Service

Lawyer Referral Service

Old Jun 5th 2009, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

macarre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lawyer Referral Service

Hi, just wanted to share this w/ everyone.
I used a very cool service today called Lawyer Referral Service (1-800-661-1095 (Toll Free)).
They give you for free the names and numbers of 3 lawyers where you live.
You call the lawyer, say you were referred by the Lawyer Referral Service and the first 30 mins. of consultation are free. The quality of the information I got was really good also.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 10:47 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawyer Referral Service

Originally Posted by macarre
Hi, just wanted to share this w/ everyone.
I used a very cool service today called Lawyer Referral Service (1-800-661-1095 (Toll Free)).
They give you for free the names and numbers of 3 lawyers where you live.
You call the lawyer, say you were referred by the Lawyer Referral Service and the first 30 mins. of consultation are free. The quality of the information I got was really good also.
Most (if not ALL) lawyers offer their services free of charge for the first 30 mins.

:0)
Old Jun 5th 2009, 10:51 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Most (if not ALL) lawyers offer their services free of charge for the first 30 mins.

:0)
Most lawyers (and accountants) do not charge you for an initial consultation at the time. However, it is not free - the cost is included in their regular charge out rate.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:24 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Most lawyers (and accountants) do not charge you for an initial consultation at the time. However, it is not free - the cost is included in their regular charge out rate.
I do believe you are incorrect.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe you are incorrect.
Do you actually understand what Jonboy said? If so, you will realise how wrong you are
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Do you actually understand what Jonboy said? If so, you will realise how wrong you are
Ahh you again. Shame.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:35 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

After reading the comments above, the only advice I can offer is, when you first contact them, ask "is this a free initial consultation, when will you begin to charge me?". Then check what they actually bill you to make sure they're not a shyster.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:46 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
After reading the comments above, the only advice I can offer is, when you first contact them, ask "is this a free initial consultation, when will you begin to charge me?". Then check what they actually bill you to make sure they're not a shyster.
Usually the first question is free.

You've just wasted it.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh you again. Shame.
Meaning?