Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

This is the last time....

This is the last time....

Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is the last time....

Those last few "this is the last times' are weird, but it will all soon be a distant memory you'll be sooo busy settling into your fab new life in sunny Alberta.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Check rogers out - www.rogers.com

We are here on recci and one good thing is that we can have our uk cell phones with us and just put one of there sim cards in.

if you put $100 dollars on it - then the credit lasts for 365 days, ok if you dont use your cell much

gill

Remember out here you get charged for incoming calls and incoming text messages too.....just one thing to think about when going pay as you go out here! No-one thought to tell me that one, and i quickly changed over to contract!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

Originally Posted by bazzz
There's usually only one option for cable in each province. Shaw aren't particularly cheap, but you don't have a huge amount of choice.
We changed from shaw to Telus TV. We already had the phone and net through Telus, plus the OH works for them so we get a bit of a discount so it made sense for us.....altho i think Telus is only avail in the West
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Thanks to Everyone for your replies and help re: TV, Phones and Internet, we always appreciate your help. I have made plenty of last time calls again today, we have family staying this weekend 'for the last time'...not because we won't see them again!! Just because we won't have any furniture for anyone to sit on or sleep on

It is as you have said Lynn a very strange time...all of these last time I will... and it is quite sad in many ways...But do you know what ??? It wont be the last time , just the last time I do these things here in the UK!! I will be doing them for the 'first time' soon in Canada

Lorna I have told Hubby he best start listening to Nickleback and Maroon 5 and learn to hum along

Loraine...definitely closer to coffee time I need to pick your brain about where to buy a bed from if thats okay We need one we can order online and have it delivered before arrival...I did find a website...can't remember the name..but I couldn't figure what you were actually buying Bed or just platform, no mattress??? Do beds come as DIY kits in Alberta I will PM you the link and ask a couple of questions if thats ok and you have time to answer?

Have a great Thursday everyone, whether you are here and half way through your day, or in Canada and just beginning it!

PS Just in case my Hubby is checking the boards at work....Just having a break Dear...going back to the ironing now
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

Whos Keane?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:08 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
Thanks to Everyone for your replies and help re: TV, Phones and Internet, we always appreciate your help. I have made plenty of last time calls again today, we have family staying this weekend 'for the last time'...not because we won't see them again!! Just because we won't have any furniture for anyone to sit on or sleep on

It is as you have said Lynn a very strange time...all of these last time I will... and it is quite sad in many ways...But do you know what ??? It wont be the last time , just the last time I do these things here in the UK!! I will be doing them for the 'first time' soon in Canada

Lorna I have told Hubby he best start listening to Nickleback and Maroon 5 and learn to hum along

Loraine...definitely closer to coffee time I need to pick your brain about where to buy a bed from if thats okay We need one we can order online and have it delivered before arrival...I did find a website...can't remember the name..but I couldn't figure what you were actually buying Bed or just platform, no mattress??? Do beds come as DIY kits in Alberta I will PM you the link and ask a couple of questions if thats ok and you have time to answer?

Have a great Thursday everyone, whether you are here and half way through your day, or in Canada and just beginning it!

PS Just in case my Hubby is checking the boards at work....Just having a break Dear...going back to the ironing now
re music try Hedley as well. then Rhiana (what I could do with that umbrella she keeps whining about is not printable :curse and all the country music stars ...........

I bought our bed from sears online and it was delivered the day I wanted it. could be worth a look. beds can be ordered seperately ie matress loads of different types, base or box spring and then the surround or just wheels Have fun
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:09 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
Whos Keane?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keane_(band)
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hi Lorna

Made me laugh at the Keane link!! We looked at Sears as well. We have bought brand new beds in the UK to be shipped over with us We thought it would save money and hassle..never thought of the first weeks We just want a cheap and cheerful that will tide us over a few weeks will end up in the sparest of spare bedrooms ...will recheck Sears though, thanks

Julie

Last edited by Rhodeys; Apr 17th 2008 at 3:16 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:34 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
I for one miss Keane and after 7 months of Canadian radio you will too.....................................

Internet radio, people, internet radio!

regards to the first post i was saying the very same just 10 years ago this week. Still cant believe im in London again. Who, what where?

AHHHH
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:21 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Hi Lorna

Made me laugh at the Keane link!! We looked at Sears as well. We have bought brand new beds in the UK to be shipped over with us We thought it would save money and hassle..never thought of the first weeks We just want a cheap and cheerful that will tide us over a few weeks will end up in the sparest of spare bedrooms ...will recheck Sears though, thanks

Julie
Yeah strange about the link I actually copied from wikipedia

have you thought about a good blow up bed - a lot of people I know have used them for the few weeks they are waiting for their furniture. You can get them off the shelf in walmart or canadian tire and they are pretty sturdy then can be used for camping of rellies when they arrive.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lorna

We have considered a blow up mattress but not sure I fancy sleeping on one for a few weeks or possibly 10 weeks as some people experienced. Had a back problem years ago (old Nursing injury) I don't really want to tempt fate just as I start a new job. But if all else fails...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:27 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Yeah strange about the link I actually copied from wikipedia

have you thought about a good blow up bed - a lot of people I know have used them for the few weeks they are waiting for their furniture. You can get them off the shelf in walmart or canadian tire and they are pretty sturdy then can be used for camping of rellies when they arrive.
Get one with an automatic pump enall!

Colmans, or something like, was the make i think, they were excellent for our visitor overspill
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:30 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Hi Lorna

We have considered a blow up mattress but not sure I fancy sleeping on one for a few weeks or possibly 10 weeks as some people experienced. Had a back problem years ago (old Nursing injury) I don't really want to tempt fate just as I start a new job. But if all else fails...
I know what you're saying but they are not too bad honest, they may be a bit low but as Londoncuck says the Colemans are quite good and not too low.

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Get one with an automatic pump enall!

Colmans, or something like, was the make i think, they were excellent for our visitor overspill
yes forgot the automatic pump
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Londonuck

Will definately use internet Radio after everyones help on here with regards to who to use as a provider I dont want an air mattress though

....'visitor over spill' does that mean in laws

Thanks for the tips
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worried I would get down there and not get up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.