Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Last night (morning in our house)

Last night (morning in our house)

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last night (morning in our house)

Good Evening, Morning All.

Well after two weeks of mix emotional farewells, tonight is the last night I spent in my wonderful home for the past 16 years. I am finding it very difficult to sleep as I feel as I want to study every crack or perfection/in-perfection in every room.

I don't think I realised how attached I have grown to this place, the joy it has brought and the memories I shall take with me, some amazing, some emotional and some bitter-sweet.

Tomorrow we head to the airport hotel for the next two nights and then for the 2nd time I head to Toronto to start another chapter in my life.

The first time, being so soon after my father's death was not a good time for me, this time things feel so much better. I have changed so much in the past 4 years and I know look forward to new challenges and hopefully new friends.

For now though I treasure the last memories I have in this home - as in 10 days time, it will become the home of The Gormleys !!!

For those who have spotify, this song by Fascnating Aida - sums up my feelings, tonight. If that does not work, its called Old Home!

http://open.spotify.com/track/3r64yGwwXm7eJVdhewqPB1

Speak soon

Rx
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:56 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last night (morning in our house)

It's 3 in the morning, almost, get to sleep man and just say goodby in the morning to ya house. It's just a house!

Memories are in the mind, not in the walls of ya house!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

So disagree X Also, still working on the Goods to Follow list ! Will sleep when I am dead x

Also have a few other bits and bobs to tie up.

Rx
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you can get some rest.
Best of luck on your new chapter in your life
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Hi,

I remember those last few crazy days so well.

Have a good flight and best wishes on this next chapter...

The sun was shining in Toronto today; buds on the trees and a few flowers poking through...you've picked a great time to arrive.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:02 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Good Evening, Morning All.

Well after two weeks of mix emotional farewells, tonight is the last night I spent in my wonderful home for the past 16 years. I am finding it very difficult to sleep as I feel as I want to study every crack or perfection/in-perfection in every room.

I don't think I realised how attached I have grown to this place, the joy it has brought and the memories I shall take with me, some amazing, some emotional and some bitter-sweet.

Tomorrow we head to the airport hotel for the next two nights and then for the 2nd time I head to Toronto to start another chapter in my life.

The first time, being so soon after my father's death was not a good time for me, this time things feel so much better. I have changed so much in the past 4 years and I know look forward to new challenges and hopefully new friends.

For now though I treasure the last memories I have in this home - as in 10 days time, it will become the home of The Gormleys !!!

For those who have spotify, this song by Fascnating Aida - sums up my feelings, tonight. If that does not work, its called Old Home!

http://open.spotify.com/track/3r64yGwwXm7eJVdhewqPB1

Speak soon

Rx
Go around and take photos of every room, the garden etc., because photos are memories - captured in a moment - and you can look back at them and think "I remember when..."

Just look at my sig and you will understand!

Best of luck and safe journey..

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:46 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Last night (morning in our house)

i remember not being able to sleep on my last night too. my wife was in canada,my furniture was on the ocean and i was laying on an old matress on the floor with my dog snoring next to me, it was 11pm and the taxi was coming at3am. good luck with the next stage of your life
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

bcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nice

Best of luck with your move, hope it all goes well for you
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:06 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

All the best and hope it works out well for you.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:53 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Smash a brick from outa the front wall and bring it with you as a friendly reminder.

You could use it to defend yourself against gun shot wounds in the bank or use it to deflect any bomb blasts from any passing trains.

Toronto is sunny and spring like today, you are moving at at good time. Exspect long hold ups at the Imigration border behind all th AQ guys entering. Canada is catching up to the UK FAST

Good Luck
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

I found leaving our house really hard, it may be just be a pile of bricks but every memory of our kids as babies were tied up in there. We've just been back for a visit and went to see our old next door neighbor, the new owners have ripped out trees and hedges and I found myself getting really cross that they'd defaced my garden and upset the birds that nested there. Silly I know but there it is.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shunter1977
I found leaving our house really hard, it may be just be a pile of bricks but every memory of our kids as babies were tied up in there. We've just been back for a visit and went to see our old next door neighbor, the new owners have ripped out trees and hedges and I found myself getting really cross that they'd defaced my garden and upset the birds that nested there. Silly I know but there it is.
I'm glad I 'm not the only one...leaving UK over 3yrs ago for new chapter was very hard I never slept @ all the night b4! Still visit the area & as mentioned being back reminded us of some fond memories but i was annoyed that the new owners did changes in our then home...now in process to go back to UK & staying put for good!
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I really loved my previous home, so many memories; but I am so so pleased that I moved, it's given me such a feeling of freedom, I can start afresh and build new happy times. L-E-L I wish you the best of travel and landings, but do be aware that the fist few months are going to be confused and tiring as well as exciting. It can be quite a R**l**co***er! When you get down to it!