Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Landrover Defenders, might not take them :'(

Landrover Defenders, might not take them :'(

Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landrover Defenders, might not take them :'(

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...-index-446.htm

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5048-eng.html

Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by james.mc
If they are over 15 years old they can come and will be allowed on the road as long as they pass a safety test. No doubt about that.

Some will ask... Is it worth it?
I do all my own work on my Jeeps and other cars, always have done. So, I appreciate how much blood sweat and tears goes into your own vehicles. They become part of the family in a way that your average car owner will never understand. You can't put a value on that as it's.... Priceless!

Let us know how it goes with your inquiries.
ill let you know how i got on NOWHERE, was diverted to 5!!! different numbers to then having to leave a message as no answer.... :'(
It WILL be worth it coz our landys are the best
We know them inside out and my hubby does most of the work himself to them I just cant beleive that we keep going around in circles and not getting anywhere, so frustrating, bet theyll phone back just as ive gone to bed! lol
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

ive read these but want to make a 100% sure etc it is allowed by speaking to someone in person! x
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

wish i could post a photo of the landys so you could see why we would want to take them x
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franfluff
ive read these but want to make a 100% sure etc it is allowed by speaking to someone in person! x
Didn't you ask about this before?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=importing+car

There are several other threads on the subject.

Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
yes i did but because our shipping agency put doubts in our head and told us to contact different numbers again so felt lost once again!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

yes i did but because our shipping agency put doubts in our head and told us to contact different numbers again so felt lost once again!
It's a waste of time phoning a government agency. You'll just get messed around until someone who is neither traceable nor accountable tells you whatever will make you go away. You'd do better to take advice from the internet.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 4:18 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

What are you not sure about?

If you are in the UK, speak to customs (or better still - as dbd33 says... look it up on the internet) and see if you require any export paperwork for the vehicle. Your shipping agent should know/handle that anyway as that is what you are paying them for. If they say they can't go, or won't deal with it on your behalf, get another shipping agent.

I think in the UK you also have to send in slip from the vehicle reg document to say that the vehicle has been permanently exported.

We had to take our to the local vehicle registration office in Portugal whereby they matched the registration documents with the vehicle VIN/Engine numbers and also the registered owners ID. That is all that was required. It went in the container shortly after.
The next admin phase was working with CBSA at this end for import purposes. That was relatively easy.

Tip: When you land, make sure the vehicles are on your goods to follow list and bring the registration original with you to show if you have too. Leave copies in the vehicles.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

as an ex defender owner I know exactly where your coming from, but why not buy one over here?
Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:22 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
as an ex defender owner I know exactly where your coming from, but why not buy one over here?
maybe.....

Originally Posted by james.mc

Some will ask... Is it worth it?
I do all my own work on my Jeeps and other cars, always have done. So, I appreciate how much blood sweat and tears goes into your own vehicles. They become part of the family in a way that your average car owner will never understand. You can't put a value on that as it's.... Priceless!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:30 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
Because they are like rocking horse manure? Rare as hell. You can find NAS variants from the US but they are silly money.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 8:28 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Srsly. My father just went and checked out a 2001 in mcl motors on burrard in Vancouver. 60 grand!!! Gold dust. He is now debating buying one in Italy or France and having us bring it over for him next year when we move. If you can take them, do it. In 10 years u will still be able to get more for them than when u bought new. There's rumours they will begin North American production again in 2015 but only time will tell.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Well im speaking to another shipping agency now too and see what they say, im just worried because they have been modified so much that they will kick up a fuss but hey ho we shall deal with it, as far as i can read everywhere as long as they are over 15 years old it doesnt matter!!???
Why dont we buy one over there, the defenders we have you wouldnt be able to easially buy over there, they have had special sprayjobs done the lot, they are built like new etc, one is immaculate the other is built for extreme offroad, we are thinking of selling one out there once we are settled because they are worth sooo much, im def keeping one as she is fab in snow etc! they arent just any landrover they are OURS Like i said i wish i knew how to upload a pic then you could see for yourselves why we wouldnt want to leave our beauties behind, they are real headturners x
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:17 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Create a post, scroll down to manage attachments, click on that, click on browse, find the picture file on your computer, click upload, done!
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

these are our landys x
Attached Thumbnails Landrover Defenders, might not take them :'(-landyswap.jpg   Landrover Defenders, might not take them :'(-raptor.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.