Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Landing in Toronto with cats

Landing in Toronto with cats

Old May 22nd 2009, 7:55 am
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing in Toronto with cats

We are due to land in Toronto June 19th and will be landing with our two cats.

Can anyone give us an indication of how long it will take to get through customs and have our cats checked ?

We are a bit concerned about our animals and the length of time they will have spent in their boxes.
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: Landing in Toronto with cats

If you are landing with your cats as excess baggage, the process will be quick and easy.

I collected luggage and cat and took both to customs - they checked the animal's documentation, wrote out the chitty to pay the landing fee for the cat; they kept cat and baggage whilst I walked over to the cash desk to pay my dues. Then I took the stamped paperwork back to customs and we were free to go. Took no more than 10 minutes max and I was lucky there were no queues so I was seen straight away.

Cargo will take longer as you will have to go to a different building.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

my cat went on thomas cook with us a shipping company handled him and he was waiting beside the baggage carosel when we got through! after that as above really, if you have all the paperwork , no problem.
Old May 24th 2009, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss
If you are landing with your cats as excess baggage, the process will be quick and easy.

I collected luggage and cat and took both to customs - they checked the animal's documentation, wrote out the chitty to pay the landing fee for the cat; they kept cat and baggage whilst I walked over to the cash desk to pay my dues. Then I took the stamped paperwork back to customs and we were free to go. Took no more than 10 minutes max and I was lucky there were no queues so I was seen straight away.

Cargo will take longer as you will have to go to a different building.

Thanks for the info, it's reassuring to read that it goes smoothly, it doesn't seem to take too long. Our cats are travelling with us.

What payment methods are accepted ?