Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Landing in Canada - what documentation is required?

Wikiposts

Landing in Canada - what documentation is required?

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:51 am
Just Joined

gdug1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing in Canada - what documentation is required?

Guys

We plan to land in Canada in August to obtain our permanent residence status, however will come back to the UK afterwards as we are not looking to move out for another year due to a combination of children's education issues and current economic climate. The Canadian Commission states that evidence of financial savings and a full inventory is required when landing. I just want to check that this is still required even though we are planning only a holiday (to obtain our permanent residence status) and will return to the UK as we wish to wait another year before going to Canada proper.

I assume financial savings are best demonstrated through recent bank statements?

What level of detail does the inventory need to go down to? Does anyone have an example?

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:58 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing in Canada - what documentation is required?

Hi

Yes, even though you are planning to head straight back to the the UK, you will have to provide the full documentation required when you land.

As far as proof of funds, recent bank statements will be fine.

For more info on good to follow lists etc, here is a link to the wiki article

good luck

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

gdug1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great, thanks !
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future

for what it's worth: I did my landing in February in Toronto, and was never asked about my financial situation.