Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

landing! in calgary on Wednesday

landing! in calgary on Wednesday

Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:01 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of
Question landing! in calgary on Wednesday

Hi guys

We're landing in Calgary on Wednesday, could someone take a look at the attached Goods' lists and let me know if it looks right? Not worth robbing are we? lol!

Oh, and don't laugh at the values we've put down, some of it we just guessed!

Documents are:

Goods accompanied
Goods to follow
IM 5292 x 3
Passport x 3 (with visas)
Completed kids immunization list for Matt
Sales details on the house - its under offer?

Whew! anything else? After three years it's all a bit unreal. But we're coming back after 10 days and moving out in the summer, unless I get that job in Calgary I'm being interviewed for while I'm there!!

Thanks
Claire
Attached Files
File Type: ppt
Goods to follow v2.ppt (1.04 MB, 174 views)
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:41 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Re: landing! in calgary on Wednesday

Originally Posted by claire bob and matt
Hi guys

We're landing in Calgary on Wednesday, could someone take a look at the attached Goods' lists and let me know if it looks right? Not worth robbing are we? lol!

Documents are:

Goods accompanied
Goods to follow
IM 5292 x 3

Whew! anything else? After three years it's all a bit unreal. But we're coming back after 10 days and moving out in the summer, unless I get that job in Calgary I'm being interviewed for while I'm there!!

Thanks
Claire
Know bugger-all about goods to follow lists but congrats for sticking it out and getting (almost!) to the end of the road.

Good luck with the interview
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

We landed in December and did the same as you, leaving again after 12 days. Your list looks more than adequate as far as I can tell - it is way more detailed than ours was - ours was more 'Large box sporting equipment' or 8 x boxes childrens toys' - so yours look good.

Print off two copies for them - and make sure they ARE stamped.

Ours was barely glanced at to be honest - certainly not read properly (so don't be offended after all the hours you've put in to produce it !! ).

We found the whole 'landing' bit quite simple and easy - go through passport control, they'll notice your shiny visas stuck in there, have your pre-printed forms ready and you'll be directed through some glass doors behind passport control into another room.

I was most put out that once they have checked everything, and then stapled your copy of the forms into your passport, then then take their biro and scribble all through your shiny visa !!! I wanted to shout " Do you know how long it took me to get one of those?"

I took letter from solicitor to show proof of funds - but they did not even look at that - just took my work for it .... then you are directed into another room to get your 'Goods to follow' list done. Whole thing only took us about 30 mins total I think - kids were knackered and sat in the corner - and there were only one or two people ahead of us in queue.

Very good luck - and enjoy your stay ....
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:01 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Just checking that you have a Canadian address to have your PR cards sent to!!!!

Butch
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:17 pm

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Hi guys,

Just checking that you have a Canadian address to have your PR cards sent to!!!!

Butch
Butch babe

No we dont have an address, were hoping we could get away with supplying one later
C
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:22 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Butch babe

No we dont have an address, were hoping we could get away with supplying one later
C
Well you do have 6 (at least I think its 6) months to provide one BUT........
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:23 pm

BUT....come on, arggghhhh but what?
C
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:24 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Butch babe

C
They take about 3-5 weeks to come, and they have to go to a Canadian address. Where are you staying when you get here? Do you know anybody here? I suppose if push comes to shove you could ask s'body on here to send them on for you? (<cough....Butch.....cough>
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:14 pm
Banned

BUT....come on, arggghhhh but what?
C
As Morwenna said\infered you need somewhere for them to 'go' also if you dont have them (the PR cards) when you return you COULD have a slight problem getting past immigration OR you need to apply to chc for a permit\visa (I think Mo may know the official name which currently escapes me).
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the move.

Good luck!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:48 pm

thanks all - reassuring, am off to finish packing.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Documents are:

Goods accompanied
Goods to follow
IM 5292 x 3

Thanks
Claire
I hope you have a boat to go along with that boat anchor your bringing along, especially for Calgary .

I hope it all goes well when you land. Good Luck.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by smelly
I hope you have a boat to go along with that boat anchor your bringing along, especially for Calgary .

I hope it all goes well when you land. Good Luck.
Actually the boat got nicked........
C
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:41 am
Just Joined

kobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Documents are:

Goods accompanied
Goods to follow
IM 5292 x 3

Thanks
Claire
Did you arrive in Calgary? Was the goods to follow list ok?
Wishing you all the luck in the world, Calgary is great.
We are landing there on the 26th of March after three years, so know how you feel!
Kobo.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:37 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
They take about 3-5 weeks to come, and they have to go to a Canadian address. Where are you staying when you get here? Do you know anybody here? I suppose if push comes to shove you could ask s'body on here to send them on for you? (
If you land in a Province eg Ontario........does it have to be sent to an address in Ontario...or can it go to any other province as long as its in Canada.

BTW well done claire bob and matt for getting to this stage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.