British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Landed in Halifax NS!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/landed-halifax-ns-736205/)

izzi81 Oct 19th 2011 2:56 pm

Landed in Halifax NS!!

It's official!! :thumbsup:

We landed in Halifax on Saturday. Rather long queue at immigration which seemed to surprise the 2 guys on the desk, but we seemed to be the only ones there to land. The guy was really nice and friendly, and at the end shook our hands and said 'Welcome to Canada' which was great! The customs guy was also chatty and friendly. We needed the goods to follow list, which has now been stamped and retained, but we were never asked about our funds, despite my having a collection of bank statements at the ready.

We're just here for the week - leaving on Sunday. The cottage we're staying at is lovely, and we're both really pleased to find that we still *love* the place :D We feel really at home here, and to be honest I can't believe that I have the chance to make my life here. When I looked out of the plane window as we came in to land, it felt like I was looking at home, not somewhere where I go for holidays. It's nice :) We've made some pretty good progress in researching business stuff as well, so feeling quite confident - well, as confident as you can be about something this scary! :eek:

Howefamily Oct 19th 2011 3:02 pm

Re: Landed in Halifax NS!!

congrats on landing! Welcome to Nova Scotia!!!!

Silverdragon102 Oct 19th 2011 3:24 pm

Welcome, glad the landing went well

Simon Legree Oct 19th 2011 3:54 pm

Congratulations and welcome to Nova Scotia. I hope the future is bright for you.

tracys Oct 19th 2011 4:28 pm

Congratulations!

Great to hear your landing experience went well. When are you planning on moving permanantly? Have a great week. Bet you won't want to get back on the plane to blighty:lol:

Tracy
:)

nikki dreaming Oct 19th 2011 8:59 pm

Congrats, great news!:thumbsup: Hope we get to catch up things are a bit crazy here, but if not we will see you again for good soon!

jericho Oct 19th 2011 9:32 pm

Hi, and welcome to Canada:thumbsup:

Merry Oct 20th 2011 1:08 am

Welcome to NS!

When I looked out of the plane window as we came in to land, it felt like I was looking at home, not somewhere where I go for holidays

Could be a clue in the name 'Scotia' - we definitely see the similarities, it is like Scotland, only better:D

chobert Oct 20th 2011 1:25 am

Welcome to Nova Scotia and best wishes x

Mhut Oct 20th 2011 8:52 am

Originally Posted by izzi81 (Post 9683783)
It's official!! :thumbsup:

We landed in Halifax on Saturday. Rather long queue at immigration which seemed to surprise the 2 guys on the desk, but we seemed to be the only ones there to land. The guy was really nice and friendly, and at the end shook our hands and said 'Welcome to Canada' which was great! The customs guy was also chatty and friendly. We needed the goods to follow list, which has now been stamped and retained, but we were never asked about our funds, despite my having a collection of bank statements at the ready.

We're just here for the week - leaving on Sunday. The cottage we're staying at is lovely, and we're both really pleased to find that we still *love* the place :D We feel really at home here, and to be honest I can't believe that I have the chance to make my life here. When I looked out of the plane window as we came in to land, it felt like I was looking at home, not somewhere where I go for holidays. It's nice :) We've made some pretty good progress in researching business stuff as well, so feeling quite confident - well, as confident as you can be about something this scary! :eek:

Congrats and wishing you the best of luck with all that you do:)

rach_woz99 Oct 20th 2011 2:15 pm

Yay - welcome Izzi !! It's been a slog, but I'm sure you'll find NS is worth it :)

x

izzi81 Oct 20th 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks for all the comments :) We're planning on moving out properly next summer, August perhaps? It's a bit vague at the moment, we're going to have to step up the planning/saving when we get back to the UK.

Nikki - things are a bit hectic for us too... lots to fit in, I'm not sure we'll be able to make a trip up to Truro from where we are :( However like you say, it won't be long before we're here permanently!!

Merry - we said exactly the same thing the other day, like Scotland only better! Hope it stays true, because that's what we're hoping for :)

I have to say.... the weather is a bit wet today ;) Tropical storm apparently!

AdrianR Oct 20th 2011 5:30 pm

Congrats on the safe arrival! Hope it turns out to be everything you wished for.

We're landing on December 18th (tickets booked) and hope to be there permanently in April 2012.

nikki dreaming Oct 20th 2011 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by izzi81 (Post 9685920)
Thanks for all the comments :) We're planning on moving out properly next summer, August perhaps? It's a bit vague at the moment, we're going to have to step up the planning/saving when we get back to the UK.

Nikki - things are a bit hectic for us too... lots to fit in, I'm not sure we'll be able to make a trip up to Truro from where we are :( However like you say, it won't be long before we're here permanently!!

Merry - we said exactly the same thing the other day, like Scotland only better! Hope it stays true, because that's what we're hoping for :)

I have to say.... the weather is a bit wet today ;) Tropical storm apparently!

no probs izzie!, hope to catch you soon, enjoy the rest of your trip, hope it dry's out a bit:rofl:

engineer80 Oct 23rd 2011 1:11 pm

I was thinking about you this morning and was going to drop you a text to see if you'd landed yet. Congrats! :thumbsup: We have our landing all set for March - eek!