Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

lake in barrie frozen ?

lake in barrie frozen ?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Jackson 5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is lake in barrie frozen ?are allowed on it?

hi,

does anybody know if the lake in barrie frozen is and if you can / are allowed on it?

thanks andrew

Last edited by Jackson 5; Jan 31st 2009 at 2:44 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:48 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lake in barrie frozen ?

Answer is yes and yes. It may not be frozen all winter, depending on weather, obviously but people snowmobile, skate on it and ice fish, which is an activity you should experience at least once.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Jackson 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

great! better get on our way!

thanks!

ANDREW
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Answer is yes and yes. It may not be frozen all winter, depending on weather, obviously but people snowmobile, skate on it and ice fish, which is an activity you should experience at least once.
When I was at University one of my best friends was from Barrie and we went there once in mid/late March sometime and they were having some charity contest when you had to guess when a car would sink into the lake. It was some old junker that they had driven out there for it to sink....
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:34 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
When I was at University one of my best friends was from Barrie and we went there once in mid/late March sometime and they were having some charity contest when you had to guess when a car would sink into the lake. It was some old junker that they had driven out there for it to sink....
I would guess it'd still be there on Canada day most years.