British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Ladyhaye (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/ladyhaye-533405/)

lee58uk Apr 30th 2008 7:27 pm

Ladyhaye

Hi,

Can anyone tell me. To fly a pet home on Zoom Airlines to UK, is the only way to book their pets flight, through Ladyhaye, or is there another way?

Its is nearly costing more to fly the cat home (without quarantine) as it is to fly the rest of us back!

Tuppence Apr 30th 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Ladyhaye

Originally Posted by lee58uk (Post 6289348)
Hi,

Can anyone tell me. To fly a pet home on Zoom Airlines to UK, is the only way to book their pets flight, through Ladyhaye, or is there another way?

Its is nearly costing more to fly the cat home (without quarantine) as it is to fly the rest of us back!

I think it is the only way. We used them about 3 years ago, because we didn't have anyother options.

athena88 Apr 30th 2008 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by lee58uk (Post 6289348)
Hi,

I thought you could put them on as excess baggage rather than go through a company. you just need to inform the airline a 3-4 days before your flight and make sure you have the correct animal carrier documents etc. But dont take my word for it I may be very wrong!!
info anyone

lee58uk Apr 30th 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks for your responses, I'll look in to it a bit more. They want to charge me 720 sterling!! Theres got to be another way....

Almost Canadian Apr 30th 2008 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by athena88 (Post 6289482)
I thought you could put them on as excess baggage rather than go through a company. you just need to inform the airline a 3-4 days before your flight and make sure you have the correct animal carrier documents etc. But dont take my word for it I may be very wrong!!
info anyone

Zoom do not do excess baggage for pets. You need to book them as cargo. You can either do this yourself or use someone like Ladyhaye. We used Ladyhaye for our 2 Rotties and they were fantastic. Our flight was delayed for 24 hours due to knackered plane. Don't forget, if you arrange things yourself and something like this happens, your pet will be your responsibility:eek:

lee58uk Apr 30th 2008 10:22 pm

Thanks for help so far. I've just tried ringing Zoom Cargo dept, they said I can't book them on myself, I have to use Ladyhaye! AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!

sans May 1st 2008 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 6289845)
Zoom do not do excess baggage for pets. You need to book them as cargo. You can either do this yourself or use someone like Ladyhaye. We used Ladyhaye for our 2 Rotties and they were fantastic. Our flight was delayed for 24 hours due to knackered plane. Don't forget, if you arrange things yourself and something like this happens, your pet will be your responsibility:eek:

Zoom will only let you fly from Canada to the UK using Ladyehaye's.
Air Canada are apparently now doing access baggage on their flights....according to a post dingbat added to a thread in the MBTTUK forum. And british airways will fly your pet back without using a pet company.

Rich_007 May 1st 2008 3:50 am

Used Ladyhaye a while back, no problems at all. Would recommend.

R.