Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lady Truck Driver here fed up with Britian!

Lady Truck Driver here fed up with Britian!

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

ladybird50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lady Truck Driver here fed up with Britian!

Hi everyone

A friend of mine has told me about your site. It looks amazing.
Only just joined and looking forward to some good advise.
I'm really worried that I am classed as too old to move although my hubby is only 42yrs of age . I'm 50.
I have been driving trucks for 18yrs now and reallly dissapointed with living in Britain. Not sure which country to go to yet but prepared to sell home and everything for the right location.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:42 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lady Truck Driver here fed up with Britian!

Hi Lady

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of information here check out the wiki section above.

Have fun and enjoy your research.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hello and Welcome Ladybird Canadian Employers seem to value experience !

Good luck with searching for your new home
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Have you found our trucking section yet? There's lots of info there about jobs, pay, conditions and converting your license, etc.

Trucking forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:33 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE. My OH is a truck driver, we came to Saskatchewan in Sept 07 and he was 51 so I don't think the issue will be your age. As Biiiink says there is the truckers forum that you can trawl through.

You also need to look at which Province supports a truck drivers programme, I know of Saskatachewan, Prince Edward Island and Manitoba but not sure about the other Provinces or Territories.

http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/trucker-applicants/

Good luck with you journey
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Debbie R is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lady Trucker

Your never to old to do anything i am 48 and hubby is 49 and we are moving to Ontario in June leaving kids and family and everything house the lot Canada rocks DO IT .....
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:12 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbie R
Hi Lady Trucker

Your never to old to do anything i am 48 and hubby is 49 and we are moving to Ontario in June leaving kids and family and everything house the lot Canada rocks DO IT .....
Must be a Welsh thing, we did exactly the same thing last Sept.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladybird50
Hi everyone

I'm really worried that I am classed as too old to move although my hubby is only 42yrs of age . I'm 50.
I have been driving trucks for 18yrs now and reallly dissapointed with living in Britain. Not sure which country to go to yet but prepared to sell home and everything for the right location.
If you are the main applicant you will lose 1 point for every year you are over the age of 49 so get your application for PR in quick. If you only wish to come out on a work permit (temporary) the situation is not as dire
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to the forum. Loads of information on the site.

Good luck on your journey ahead.

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:25 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Welcome! You are never too old - I was 49 when we moved to Calgary, took six months out and then found employment just after I turned 50 and I can truthfully say it is the best job I have ever had in my life!

Good luck! J
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:24 am
Just Joined

tigerboi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Hi my first post & aussie truck driver,could you tell me some facts about the british truck driving scene?i would like to know what percentage of the uk guys can drive an 18 speed road ranger,do you have many american trucks over there like kenworths,western stars,freightliners.we have combinations down here not used in the uk or the continent such as b/doubles & roadtrains
so im just wondering where the uk guys/gals are at in terms of experience?
Yourself with 18 years experience may be better suited to downunder but you must be very experienced to do interstate runs here.
here is some of our combinations we run down here..but to drive these you would need to upgrade your licence from our HC heavy combination gross 42.5t.most likely the highest class you have in europe to our MC multi combination licence which is for b/doubles 62.5t & roadtrains 150t with up to 4 trailers in our outback...tb

roadtrains...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaDO...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEldh...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I19a3GZYyH4

b/doubles...kenworth arodyne & argosy tankers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmP5aSAdKuc

My understanding is your licence over there is just for the 1 trailer...

Our truck licence classes are:

MRmedium rigid)single axle...16.5t gross

HRheavy rigid)bogie axle...22.5t gross

HCheavy combination)tri axle trailer & prime mover...42.5t gross(uk equivalent) 1 trailer only...

MCmulti combination)b/double-roadtrains,from 9 axle b/double 62.5t to over 22 axles 150t+ roadtrains...tb
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

nigel ridley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

hi from nigel and karen we moved to canada 2004 on the trucking program and are now living in alberta we will be happy to give you any advise
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:22 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by nigel ridley
hi from nigel and karen we moved to canada 2004 on the trucking program and are now living in alberta we will be happy to give you any advise
Hello and welcome to BE We're in sunny Saskatchewan on the truck drivers programme arrived last Sept and have just put our paperwork into Sask government for sponsorship.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:31 am
Just Joined

tigerboi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nigel ridley
yep hi to all,can you giveme a run down on the uk scene,do the uk guys have much american gear experience in the uk?? 18 speed eaton road rangers,type of trucks they drive?is it mostly the euro gear?volvo,scanias,dafs..etc,etc...tb
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone

Hi

I am a lady truck driver too, we are based in Nova Scotia.

My OH is a trucker and we are here on his Temp Work Permit and are applying for PNP then PR, it's a quicker way of getting here.
You will have to re-sit your HGV licence in Nova Scotia, but I'm not sure about other provinces.

Check out the truckers forum somebody has linked to and there's a link to our blog in my signature.
If you have any questions I'd be happy to help if I can.

Rosie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.