knickers!

Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

liz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud of
Default Re: knickers!

Originally Posted by Tinpusher
Mrs Tinpusher says:
"If you like well made, reasonably priced, pretty undies - yes, stock up in the UK. I've found it difficult to get the range (especially in bras) that you can get in M&S. La Vie en Rose is pretty good but it's never quite the same. The department stores stock similar ranges to the UK department stores, Gossard, Berlei and the like. Hope that helps."

yes thanks thats kinda what i wanted to know
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Well I think this saying rings true here............When in Canada do what the canadians do....What do you think Canadian women wear.......In Canada we do have stores where you can shop....if you are really really worried about where you are going to buy your knickers.........may all your problems be little ones! Don't worry about your knickers!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 6:42 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tallperson
Knickers you can find anywhere but bras are a different matter! I have yet to find a bra that fits me over here so always stock up on them when back home.

Knickers and especially bras are crap here, particularly if you are sporting more than two fried eggs up top.

Fruit of the Loom cotton knickers aren't bad...skimpier kind try Victoria's Secret from over the border in the US. La Senza here have all their stuff made in China and the quality is dreadful. Most regular bras last about six weeks if you don't hand wash them.

I recommend Triumph Simply Soft Style 2680. Cost about $50 each with taxes, but they are comfortable, give you a nice bust shape and cleavage and you can wear them under a tight fitting T shirt. You can tell that I have no social life by virtue of the fact I can actually post this
Old Feb 25th 2006, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Carly H will become famous soon enough

Knickers you can find anywhere but bras are a different matter! I have yet to find a bra that fits me over here so always stock up on them when back home.
Oh! whats up with Canadian bras???
I am planning a very strict packing plan and hadn't accounted for taking lots and lots of bras.
I think I need some of the previously mentioned beaver-fur-lined knickers here in UK today.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by liz&jon
now seeing as we are almost official just waiting for visas to come back we are obviously planning our move.............my question of the day is.....
do i stock up on undies from the only place to buy them in marks or is there a good canadian equivalent. i know there will be some who'll say oh for goodness sake what a stooopid question ( my husband included) but i have been to australia and new zealand and theres no place like marks for draws!!!!

so any advice from the ladies who are already out there.. where do we go for undies and or nice clothes in general.

ta

YES. YES. YES.

Stock em up! There is nothing like it over here. If i ever go back to visit, I will be prepared to spend 500 pounds on knickers and bras!

As for clothes, I think it will depend on where you live; if you live in a large city it may not be so bad. Be prepared to brush up on your shopping skills as it is difficult to rely on just a few places. You have to be able to pick out gems out of a load of rubbish- that is my experience. Brand consistency is lacking in Canada.....although places do seem to be improving.

Also, if you are on birth control, be sure to stock up on as many packets as possible. You have to pay over here. I managed to get 2yrs supply when I moved over......but I am devious that way!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yorkiebar99
YES. YES. YES.

Stock em up! There is nothing like it over here. If i ever go back to visit, I will be prepared to spend 500 pounds on knickers and bras!

As for clothes, I think it will depend on where you live; if you live in a large city it may not be so bad. Be prepared to brush up on your shopping skills as it is difficult to rely on just a few places. You have to be able to pick out gems out of a load of rubbish- that is my experience. Brand consistency is lacking in Canada.....although places do seem to be improving.

Also, if you are on birth control, be sure to stock up on as many packets as possible. You have to pay over here. I managed to get 2yrs supply when I moved over......but I am devious that way!!

Im sorry but this all sounds really pathetic.How the hell do the canadians cope are they all walking around with their boobs around their knees and wearing no knickers because they have no M&S. Forget M&S you have a new life now, live a little and try lots of different knickers and bras. So what if you have to replace them every 6 weeks at least they will be new and pretty .
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by debiharper
.How the hell do the canadians cope are they all walking around with their boobs around their knees

you aren't far from the truth. I have seen some right states!

and wearing no knickers because they have no M&S. Forget M&S you have a new life now, live a little and try lots of different knickers and bras. So what if you have to replace them every 6 weeks at least they will be new and pretty .
I can think of better ways to spend my money and time other than to shop for bras and knickers........I have lived and tried lots........and really have yet to find a product that meets the standards of service, style and support that M&S provides!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debiharper
Im sorry but this all sounds really pathetic.How the hell do the canadians cope are they all walking around with their boobs around their knees and wearing no knickers because they have no M&S. Forget M&S you have a new life now, live a little and try lots of different knickers and bras. So what if you have to replace them every 6 weeks at least they will be new and pretty .
If you're going to get hung up about this kind of trivia then Canada obviously isn't for you.

The reason Canadians are so laid back is that they have no knickers to get in a twist!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Higgy is on a distinguished road

Just been having a laugh at some of the comments. Obviously the guys out there don't appreciate the importance of good comfortable ladies underwear. I never bought my undies in M & S, I actually preferred George at Asda. Cotton is definately not the same quality here as it is in the UK. My sister in law missed UK cotton undies when she moved to Australia as well. I had to bring my friend a batch of M & S tights though when I moved out here.

Higgy's Wife
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Carly H
Oh! whats up with Canadian bras???
I am planning a very strict packing plan and hadn't accounted for taking lots and lots of bras.
I think I need some of the previously mentioned beaver-fur-lined knickers here in UK today.
Well in my experience they just seem to have a different sizing system over here. Any shop I've been into and mentioned my size then I just get a blank look and never a bra to fit. They do do large cup sizes but not small band width and def. not the two together. Even when I've found a shop with makes I know like triumph, gossard, berlei, wonderbra, playtex, they just don't do the right combination of band and cup!
So even after nearly 3 years of searching I haven't bought a single bra here...... maybe it's just me
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

So even after nearly 3 years of searching I haven't bought a single bra here...... maybe it's just me
Me neither
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade
Me neither
Phew.......so gald to hear I am not alone
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

westchilt has a spectacular aura aboutwestchilt has a spectacular aura aboutwestchilt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade
Me neither
Know exactly what you mean, still searching after 16 years!!! just keep wearing the nearest I can get!!!! Not always the most comfortable!!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:47 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westchilt
Know exactly what you mean, still searching after 16 years!!! just keep wearing the nearest I can get!!!! Not always the most comfortable!!!
I REST MY CASE....
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Carly H will become famous soon enough

Well in my experience they just seem to have a different sizing system over here. Any shop I've been into and mentioned my size then I just get a blank look and never a bra to fit. They do do large cup sizes but not small band width and def. not the two together. Even when I've found a shop with makes I know like triumph, gossard, berlei, wonderbra, playtex, they just don't do the right combination of band and cup!
So if a girl has a small rib cage and a large cup size then she should get herself a number of bras in UK. This is not a cost detailed on any of the CIC web sites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.