Reload this Page >

Kids Shoes....properly fitted in Canada..HELP

Kids Shoes....properly fitted in Canada..HELP

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

JasonnJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kids Shoes....properly fitted in Canada..HELP

Hi Lucy
thanks for the reply. I have tried Payless shoes here and I cannot find any leather shoes in my daughters size at all. I also looked in payless in chinook mall last week and the stock was very similar. I am going to give a store in calgary a call in the morning to see what stock they have in my daughters size. They seem like my best bet up to now so fingers crossed. All 3 of my kids have always had clarks and startrite shoes and i really want to carry on with properly fitted width etc so see how i get on tomorrow
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

We go to a store called Kidz Feet here, we're in Ontario, but it's a chain, not sure if they're there or not. Otherwise, look up the Clarke's website and get stockists' details and call them?

We have the same issue though, got some for our son when we went back in Feb, Clarke's StompoBoy! We think it's important to make sure their shoes fit properly, but they don't seem to measure width here either
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

anglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to all

Hi there - on other side of Canada too but experiencing same problem (altho early days as yet!) Both my kids have narrow feet, so shoes always been tricky and relied upon Startrite in UK. Although stores such as Payless do measure feet, that's not really enough for those with non-average widths...I guess you have to become adept as a shoe fitter yourself, as staff don't seem trained at fitting out here...my kids are experiencing blisters for the first time ever...! ouch!!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

anglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to all

BTW, friend tells me that Clarks do not stock kids shoes out here, only adults...
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, i have just looked for kidz feet but they are only in Ontario
My little girl has wide feet and she has got blisters and a sore on her little toes now. Dont understand at all why clarks only sell adult shoes here in Canada
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
Hi, i have just looked for kidz feet but they are only in Ontario
My little girl has wide feet and she has got blisters and a sore on her little toes now. Dont understand at all why clarks only sell adult shoes here in Canada
Maybe it's because Canadians don't accept the marketing hype about "proper fitting shoes for kids" that UK parents do.

It seems to me that Canadian parents don't care if their kids' feet look like Charlie Chaplin's, as long as their teeth are perfect, whereas UK parents don't care if their kids' teeth look like Ken Dodd's, as long as their feet are perfect.

Each to their own and all that
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:52 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Maybe it's because Canadians don't accept the marketing hype about "proper fitting shoes for kids" that UK parents do.

It seems to me that Canadian parents don't care if their kids' feet look like Charlie Chaplin's, as long as their teeth are perfect, whereas UK parents don't care if their kids' teeth look like Ken Dodd's, as long as their feet are perfect.

Each to their own and all that
Ha ha that's so true. A friend of mine moved back from the States to the UK and she told me there are no Clarks shoe shops in the US either. It's only the Brits that seem to have a fascination with expensive Clarks shoes.
I am use to it now in Canada. I just get my kids to try the shoes on and if they fit I buy them.
With Clarks you expect them to last the school year. Here they have many cheaper shoes throughout the year.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

we spent a fortune in independent shoe stores in the uk. would only buy leather properly fitted etc etc.

in canada we just try lots on and go with what fits best - to be honest, most of the kids wear trainers for indoor shoes at school, and boots/ sandals or snowboots for outdoor shoes depending on season. i don't think i've seen a kid wearing leather shoes in three years. maybe for a wedding or isolated special occasion?

at the mo mine are mostly wearing keen walking sandals or boots. but i've started to panic buy snow boots as every time the clouds come down they leave a trace of snow on the mountains.

there's a geox store at cross iron mills that sells kid's shoes i think. not a terribly inspiring collection for girls the last time i went. but they did have leather shoes. and they were stockists at all the indie shoe stores that fitted properly in the uk.

tiny feet shoe shopping i used to go the one in the west edmonton mall, but that was years ago.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:57 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Try these guys - only go up to size 6 so I don't know if they will be of any use. Used by a couple of parents here at work - I don't have little ones so can't give a personal reference. J

http://www.littlefootprints.ca/index_files/contact.htm
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Hi you have my sympathies.....while understanding that everywhere is different and all that...if like me you have a child with a wide fitting foot it is damm near impossible to find a right fitting anything over here except snowboots!!

The best shop i have found is browns in southcentre mall...though be prepared to fit the shoe yourself...and they are as expensive, if not more than a decent pair of startrite at home.

I agree with others that there doesnt seem the need for a decent leather shoe here, as soon as winter hits there in snowboots most of time, wellies in spring (during thaw) and sandals in summer. My problem is i cannot even find a nice sandal for her and she has been living in crocs for the last 2 summers. I have just spent $110 on ice skates for her because a generic brand wont fit.

Anyway home for xmas where i will hit my local shoe shop and hopefuly stock up on some shoes..the best of luck
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help everyone. I have called Little footprints today, and the lady on the phone was amazing. Totally understood where i was coming from. They have a delivery coming in this week and she gave me the names of all the styles in my daughters size so that i could look on the website to see what she would like. We are defiantly going this coming saturday yeeaaaahhhhh
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:58 pm
mlm
Just Joined

mlm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JasonnJane,

We always buy Ciciban shoes for our girls, they are really good quality and all leather. They are actually made in Europe. They only have a couple of stores in Canada, we buy online - just google Ciciban!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

ladylord is an unknown quantity at this point

tinysoles.com based in US but duties and delivery are included. Purchased pair of Pediped boots and they're half the price and fit very well.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:13 pm
mlm
Just Joined

mlm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mlm
Hi JasonnJane,

We always buy Ciciban shoes for our girls, they are really good quality and all leather. They are actually made in Europe. They only have a couple of stores in Canada, we buy online - just google Ciciban!
I didn't think of it at first, but we got a 10% off coupon for the website with our order: the code is "AV5X", hopefully it works more than once
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlm
we buy online - just google Ciciban!
Doesn't buying kid's shoes online negate the original complaint about not being able to get shoes properly fitted in shops here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.