Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

kids Brit passports run out need to return to UK

kids Brit passports run out need to return to UK

Old Apr 23rd 2015, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

oceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really nice
Default kids Brit passports run out need to return to UK

Hi All,

I'd love some advice please.
Our kids' British passports have run out but the PR is good until next year.
We need to travel back to the UK within the month as our house has sold. Can they travel on the PR? They are 7 years old.
Huge thanks!!
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kids Brit passports run out need to return to UK

Originally Posted by oceaneoneill
Hi All,

I'd love some advice please.
Our kids' British passports have run out but the PR is good until next year.
We need to travel back to the UK within the month as our house has sold. Can they travel on the PR? They are 7 years old.
Huge thanks!!
No, they need a passport.
Best thing to do it submit a renewal application asap. The missus recently did hers, and she had it back within about 2 weeks.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

oceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really nice

OK thanks!! How do I go about this? I'm in Vancouver.
What happens to the PR stamp in their old passport though??

Originally Posted by Jericho79
No, they need a passport.
Best thing to do it submit a renewal application asap. The missus recently did hers, and she had it back within about 2 weeks.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks!! How do I go about this? I'm in Vancouver.
What happens to the PR stamp in their old passport though??
Read this link re renewing UK passports overseas
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/child

The PR stamp in the old passport is not critical as they will have their copies of their COPR forms when they landed.Plus they have their PR cards which are NOT a travel document without a passport for travelling back to the UK.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

That's hugely helpful - thanks so much
I'm getting onto it right now!

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Read this link re renewing UK passports overseas
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/child

The PR stamp in the old passport is not critical as they will have their copies of their COPR forms when they landed.Plus they have their PR cards which are NOT a travel document without a passport for travelling back to the UK.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 12:29 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

That's hugely helpful - thanks so much
I'm getting onto it right now!
I just renewed our UK passports from Canada, took 2 weeks to get them back online application with payment and the posting of the form and old passport was really quick
Old Apr 24th 2015, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Nikki
I might be confused but the online form is asking for colour copies if you are out of the country - but I'm thinking it would be easier to just post the old ones with everything else - photos, form etc..?

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I just renewed our UK passports from Canada, took 2 weeks to get them back online application with payment and the posting of the form and old passport was really quick
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:12 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nikki
I might be confused but the online form is asking for colour copies if you are out of the country - but I'm thinking it would be easier to just post the old ones with everything else - photos, form etc..?
You'll need to send your original expired British passports to be renewed. They want colour photocopies of any other passports you may hold, i.e. Canadian.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 11:15 am

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You'll need to send your original expired British passports to be renewed. They want colour photocopies of any other passports you may hold, i.e. Canadian.
agree with above.

I completed the application on line, printed the declaration page, signed it and sent it to UK with old passport and new photos. 1 of my kids required 1 photo to be countersigned, I think the cut off is 11 yrs, but it tells you exactly what you need to do for each application when you print everything off.

The $20+ bucks to mail to the UK registered post was
Old Apr 24th 2015, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
agree with above.

I completed the application on line, printed the declaration page, signed it and sent it to UK with old passport and new photos. 1 of my kids required 1 photo to be countersigned, I think the cut off is 11 yrs, but it tells you exactly what you need to do for each application when you print everything off.

The $20+ bucks to mail to the UK registered post was
My 5 year old son's passport runs out in September. I'm guessing that he will need his photos countersigned? As we've only been in Canada for three months, will I need to send them back to someone in the UK who has known me for 2+ years? Hope that makes sense?!
Old Apr 24th 2015, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham and george
My 5 year old son's passport runs out in September. I'm guessing that he will need his photos countersigned? As we've only been in Canada for three months, will I need to send them back to someone in the UK who has known me for 2+ years? Hope that makes sense?!
You need to follow the instructions on the UK gov passport website. Anything you read to the contrary is useless information.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jericho79
You need to follow the instructions on the UK gov passport website. Anything you read to the contrary is useless information.
Thank you for your reply. Was just interested to know whether anyone was in the same position as me ie not having been here long enough to have someone in Canada countersign his photo.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by graham and george
I had to renew my son's passport last year when we'd been here less than 2 years. I sent the photos and form back to a friend in the UK to countersign.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Just rang the post office & they are saying that 'registered' with Canada Post at $22 can take 6 weeks to arrive in UK - the next fastest was Express at $65 for approx 5 days!!!
Arggghhh! Maybe I should FEDEX or something??
Old Apr 24th 2015, 11:45 pm

Just rang the post office & they are saying that 'registered' with Canada Post at $22 can take 6 weeks to arrive in UK - the next fastest was Express at $65 for approx 5 days!!!
Arggghhh! Maybe I should FEDEX or something??
Mine took 5 business days from NS to UK, Canada post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.