Reload this Page >

Keeping a UK bank account

Keeping a UK bank account

Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

stoobee1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Keeping a UK bank account

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I bank with First Direct. They have happily kept my account open, send correspondence to my Canadian address and let me use my credit card. I did spin it to them that I was moving to Canada for an undetermined period which could be forever or could be n years. The only potential issue with FD is their announcment that one needs to keep GBP1500 in the account or pay a tenner a month. So far not a problem but could be in the future.
If you read the full conditions on the website you'll see you only need to open a savings account to by-pass the tenner a month service fee.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 3:31 pm
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice
Default Re: Keeping a UK bank account

I kept our UK joint account going and used my OH's parents address - the branch know where we are, but don't seem that bothered about it! I just told them we didn't know if we would be back in a month or a year and they understood.