Kanata

Old May 26th 2009, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

dpickles is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Kanata

Hi,
I am new to this forum. We have permanent resident cards and are currently renting in the UK but have our hearts set on a new life for our family in Kanata. We have 3 children, 6,7 and 17 and would love to hear from anyone regards moving and living in Kanata. My husband works for the defense industry and my eldest son works for an insurance company. We visited Nova Scotia last year to pick up our permanent residence cards and although beautiful we found it very different to our current lifestyle. My husband is a frequent traveler and has first hand experience on the whole Canadian lifestyle. We are hoping that Kanata has more to offer regards employment, entertainment,shopping etc. We are lucky to have friends in Gatineau and Barrhaven, but it would be invaluable to hear from Canadians and Brits living and breathing the Kanata way of life. How bad are the winters. we are sociable people and the thought of being snowed in for months is a major downer. I am keen to receive any honest feedback so that I can gain a greater insite!
Thanks Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kanata

Originally Posted by dpickles
Hi,
I am new to this forum. We have permanent resident cards and are currently renting in the UK but have our hearts set on a new life for our family in Kanata. We have 3 children, 6,7 and 17 and would love to hear from anyone regards moving and living in Kanata. My husband works for the defense industry and my eldest son works for an insurance company. We visited Nova Scotia last year to pick up our permanent residence cards and although beautiful we found it very different to our current lifestyle. My husband is a frequent traveler and has first hand experience on the whole Canadian lifestyle. We are hoping that Kanata has more to offer regards employment, entertainment,shopping etc. We are lucky to have friends in Gatineau and Barrhaven, but it would be invaluable to hear from Canadians and Brits living and breathing the Kanata way of life. How bad are the winters. we are sociable people and the thought of being snowed in for months is a major downer. I am keen to receive any honest feedback so that I can gain a greater insite!
Thanks Deb
Hi,

My OH and I have family in Kanata. I can't tell you much about it as we literally just went up there to visit the family. all I will say is there were still mounds of snow sitting on the sides of roads and in peoples gardens. We went in April. I think the weather up there can get pretty cold, around -16 in the winter which lasts a good few months.

Check out http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...omnav_business for more info on weather.

Good luck with your move.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for relpying so quickly it's appreciated! Out of interest where will you set up home in Canada once you have landed?
Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

Big, sprawled out, loads of shops, loads of offices, loads of restaurants, leisure centres the whole North American thing. Not my cup of tea, too built up and modern for me but I totally get the whole "burbs" thing going on. We live in a small village about 40 mins from Kanata called "Manotick". OH works in Kanata but they've stopped recruiting and have had 2 bouts of lay offs already. Not a great time to be a foreigner looking for work with no civvy street experience. What did he do in the defense world? You can PM me if you want.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Kanata

Hi,
Thanks for the response r u Canadian or an ex brit. How do you find the weather in the winter in your place?
Regards
Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Hello all,
Just for the record my hubby deals in military avionic systems YAWN! only joking..he has had interest from CMC, Wind River and GD. I don't work in the UK but kids r at a stage in life where I could restart a career. I have years and years experience in the Management areas of the Civil Service.
Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debs,

I'll PM you.

cheers
Old May 26th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dpickles
Thanks for relpying so quickly it's appreciated! Out of interest where will you set up home in Canada once you have landed?
Deb
No problem! Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful

We are looking to settle in the GTA, possibly Oakville or Milton.
Old May 26th 2009, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Thats great you have made me think about snow! good luck.
Regards
Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Think I need to re-phrase whole info cenario!!!!!!! Help needed from people of Kanata. Please give me me an insight!
Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi Deb

I was just over there about two weeks back and saw no snow, in fact it was around 22 deg C.

Hey, you have the same surname as me?

Bob
Old May 26th 2009, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Wow thats freeky!!!!!
Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Deb

Where are you in the UK?

Bob
Old May 26th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Hello u,
I live on the South Coast of England!!!!!!! And U? Do u have children?
Deb
Old May 26th 2009, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hey

Yeah, I have two kids, Dan, Ella and Liam, aged 6, 7 and 17.

What about you?

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.