Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just wondering about another meet up???

Just wondering about another meet up???

Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice
Default Just wondering about another meet up???

Hi all,

I have added a thread to try and arrange another meet up, but what I thought was maybe just people going to Calgary or Okotoks. Well had a few people suggest we open it up like last time and ask people that are going to Canada, so who's up for another meet up??????????

Please let me know and any idea's of dates and venues.

Just a thought, speak soon,
regards to all,
Carl
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just wondering about another meet up???

You could meet me in NS. If you can't make it have a great time wherever you meet.
Lynn
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Thanks for the invite, we are going to do our best to get over there asap. Did you hear about our bad luck, our buyer pulled out of sale couple of weeks ago,such a kick in the head, so downnnnnnnnnnn Picking our selves up again and looking for that new buyer.

We are thinking about having a meet up when we settled in a bit, got a couple of friends/families that live in NS, so thinking maybe one day, having a trip and explore, so will be giving you a call, so got to keep in touch.

When are you off? I've been looking at some of the threads you have added to, about your WP coming in the post, bril ehhh? We are still waiting for ours

Speak soon,
Carl
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Hi Carl

I am sorry to hear about your buyers, best of luck in your quest for another.
If you are going to NS give us a call as well as it would be good to see you both again.
11 days left and counting
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi kiddy2ns,

how's you doing??

Cheers for the well wishes, we have just got to stay focused. The hardest part for me is still being at work, hate it where I am, just want to hand my notice in and get out of there. I've been stuck in that place for near 20 years now (can't believe it, scary stuff) and have been trying to get out for the past 5 years at least. They are talking about more VR's and maybe compulsory, well rumours anyway, so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

Wow it's all getting very exciting for you now, I've heard it's a real strange feeling then All the best with your move mate, please keep us posted. Where you flying from?? Where abouts in NS are you heading for again? We know a few people that have settled there and I'm pretty sure they would help and say hi if you fancied there details?

Anyway better get going. I'm off work at the mo, so I've been chilling a bit, just getting over a mega cold and cough

Speak soon and good luck & take care, please keep in touch,
regards to all,
Carl & Trace and kids
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Thanks for the invite, we are going to do our best to get over there asap. Did you hear about our bad luck, our buyer pulled out of sale couple of weeks ago,such a kick in the head, so downnnnnnnnnnn Picking our selves up again and looking for that new buyer.

We are thinking about having a meet up when we settled in a bit, got a couple of friends/families that live in NS, so thinking maybe one day, having a trip and explore, so will be giving you a call, so got to keep in touch.

When are you off? I've been looking at some of the threads you have added to, about your WP coming in the post, bril ehhh? We are still waiting for ours

Speak soon,
Carl

Hi Carl,

We have been in NS since August 6th and I started my job in September.

I really sympathize with your house situation. We got a cash buyer and he was having most of the furniture that we didn't want to ship. We packed up the house and went to London for our last few days. On the day before we flew out we were due to exchange contracts and the buyer pulled out. We were devastated.

Luckily we had another couple who were interested and had just put their house up for sale. We agreed to take their house as part ex and we completed 2 weeks ago. We feel that we have taken a bit of a hit financially but at least we don't have a mortgage in the UK anymore and when the other house sells we wil have some spare cash at last.

Hopefully you will get another buyer soon. At least you have the reassurance that you know your house is saleable as you got one buyer so it will sell again.

If you do some to NS please look us up, it will be a good excuse for a party.

Good luck, Lynn