Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

just spoke to the rudest person form Cnadian law firm!!!!!!!!!!!

just spoke to the rudest person form Cnadian law firm!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

McLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really nice
Default Re: just spoke to the rudest person form Cnadian law firm!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou, no need to apologise not your fault but thankyou anyhow.

I emailed earlier but it was only to their generic address. I only wanted some precise advice about my current employment if i could apply under that title and what i needed to prove my experience with etc etc. I shall just try and find another company who may be able to offer me the advice i need,
many thanks
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

A guy walks into a bar, sits down, and says in a loud voice, "All lawyers are assholes."

Another guy at the end of the bar stands up and says, "Hey, take that back. Its offensive."

"Why, are you a lawyer?"

"No, I'm an asshole."
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

McLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really nice

the more i ponder on it!! i have 5 years experience of small restaurant management and assistant pub manager experience, which when i looked at CIC this is on their short list, this is why i was calling to get advice, but i didnt even get the opportunity to bring that into the conversation!

Anyhow time i think for a glass of vino, and to google some other companies! Thanks for all your replies again
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

new-life is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Try Paul Wildy of Wildy immigration.

He posts regularly on here and is really helpful, offers free advise and even called me when he was in the uk.

He is also recommended on the uk2novascotia website.

Best of all the price he quoted me was really inexpensive to others I have been quoted from.

Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McLeans
the more i ponder on it!! i have 5 years experience of small restaurant management and assistant pub manager experience, which when i looked at CIC this is on their short list, this is why i was calling to get advice, but i didnt even get the opportunity to bring that into the conversation!

Anyhow time i think for a glass of vino, and to google some other companies! Thanks for all your replies again
To be fair to CC, even if you've got a job on the list, you still need 67 points and perhaps were just checking if you'd meet that level of points first. They may not deal in some of the more obscure visa routes in to Canada i.e. NS CIS so were checking if you met SW criteria first, and assumed you don't without a degree and/or job offer.

No excuse for rudeness though! Check out the other consultants other on here have recommended, you can't beat a personal recommendation.

Good luck.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:30 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAMROCKAFRIC
Hello McLeans,
Am so sorry for the attitude of the person that spoke to you when you called their office.I think you should just try and send a mail to Mr.Cohen himself ([email protected]) either you still want to use their service or not just mail them because i know Mr.Cohen is very responsive.Just let him know how you were treated and make your grievance known to him.

Sorry once again.
Is it just me or is anyone else wondering about the identity of JAMROCKAFRIC.
A very odd, and apologetic first post. .......
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Grendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really nice

Other people may have differing opinions, but we couldn't see the point of using an immigration consultant. As long as you can handle a fair amount of form-filling (none of it too complex), it's relatively straightforward to do it yourself, and you save yourself a few thousands pounds into the bargain.

I can see that a lawyer might be useful if you have an unusual family situation, or criminal record or other potential stumbling block, but we thought it was a waste of money.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:05 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twotoast
They are probably assessing how much work they need to do to get your application through. I'm not if this is the case with this firm, but many of them offer a money back guarantee if you don't get PR. For them to offer that - they would only take on 'dead certs'. If you had a degree and a job offer then PR is not really a question at all.
I suspect this was probably the case. When I was starting out & considering a lawyer, I did their on line assessment which came up with a standard 'can't help you at this time' type response 24 hrs later - unsurprising as I filled in a form slightly oddly. When I emailed them to ask for more help, got absolutely nothing back so looked elsewhere.

However, better than being chased to commit large sums of money IMO.

I chose to go it alone, but did have a useful consultation with Embarkation Law Group before that.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:08 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
Is it just me or is anyone else wondering about the identity of JAMROCKAFRIC.
A very odd, and apologetic first post. .......
I had the same thought...very odd...
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grendel
Other people may have differing opinions, but we couldn't see the point of using an immigration consultant. As long as you can handle a fair amount of form-filling (none of it too complex), it's relatively straightforward to do it yourself, and you save yourself a few thousands pounds into the bargain.

I can see that a lawyer might be useful if you have an unusual family situation, or criminal record or other potential stumbling block, but we thought it was a waste of money.
Im of the same opinion: immigration consultants/lawyers really have nothing more to offer than what you can do yourself..unless the lawyer consultant was once a high ranking immigration officer stationed at a Canadian consular post overseas and has the direct line contacts.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 1:44 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I had the same thought...very odd...
Same here
Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Same here
Here too. But if he's a lawyer, you can't expect sophistication or subtlety.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 3:58 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Heh!
Old Dec 30th 2009, 4:12 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I thought sophistry was the very essence of the lawyers 'art.'
Old Dec 30th 2009, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

dantek is an unknown quantity at this point

I am posting this message on behalf of David Cohen from the Law Firm of Campbell Cohen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms. Mclean,

I do wish to openly apologize to you for the way you were spoken to by a member of my staff. There can never be an excuse for disrespect and whether or not you qualify for a Canadian permanent resident visa is really a secondary matter. You are someone who, in good faith, sought advice from my law firm and you were entitled to a professional and polite response. I will do my utmost to ensure that nobody else who contacts us suffers a similar indignity. Should you wish to discuss your Canadian immigration options in more detail please call me at your convenience. If you prefer, you may provide me with your phone number by email and I will call you. I wish you a healthy and happy New Year.

Sincerely,
David Cohen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.