British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Just moved to Calgary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/just-moved-calgary-500024/)

Tarvie Dec 15th 2007 9:04 pm

Just moved to Calgary

Hi Everyone,

I have just moved to Calgary on a 2 year working visa with my wife and 2 kids. We moved over at the end of August after working in Aberdeen for 9 years, we are originally from Perth.

Finding things pretty good so far, we are living in McKenzie Towne and I work up next to the Airport (the deerfoot is an eye opener).

Were lucky to have a group of friends that I worked with in the UK over here and thats certainly helped settle in.

Judy in Calgary Dec 15th 2007 9:14 pm

Re: Just moved to Calgary

Welcome on board, Tarvie. :)

minihaha Dec 15th 2007 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tarvie (Post 5672678)
Hi Everyone,

I have just moved to Calgary on a 2 year working visa with my wife and 2 kids. We moved over at the end of August after working in Aberdeen for 9 years, we are originally from Perth.

Finding things pretty good so far, we are living in McKenzie Towne and I work up next to the Airport (the deerfoot is an eye opener).

Were lucky to have a group of friends that I worked with in the UK over here and thats certainly helped settle in.

Mckenzie Towne is a lovely area, you will be fine there. Have fun :).

Mrs minihaha

terese677 Dec 15th 2007 10:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hello and welcome Tarvie:)
Terese

Alberta_Rose Dec 16th 2007 1:12 am

...... (the deerfoot is an eye opener).

.... the Deerfoot is a ruddy racetrack!!! :eek:

Welcome to Calgary, and to BE! :thumbsup:

burton bunch Dec 16th 2007 4:26 am

[QUOTE=Morwenna;5673079].... the Deerfoot is a ruddy racetrack!!! :eek:

QUOTE]

And I have to travel up it to the airport on Wednesday too :eek:

Welcome to BE - may you become as stark raving mad as all of the rest of us

Gaynor
x

Lorna_D Dec 16th 2007 8:06 pm

Welcome to BE, sounds like you've got a good support system in place already with your friends and colleagues, but don't hesitate to ask any questions you need there's always someone on here that can help :thumbsup:

ann m Dec 16th 2007 10:43 pm

Welcome to Calgary, and welcome to the madhouse (that's BE and all it's members!). :)

andymck2007 Dec 17th 2007 10:09 am

Hi
Good to hear that a fellow scot has moved to Calgary:thumbsup:. I have family over in Okotoks,Calgary i was supposed to join up on a work permit but was decline due to lack of skills.Well good luck and i wish you and your family all the best for xmas and new year:thumbup:

Mountain Girl Dec 17th 2007 5:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hi Tarvie

Welcome to Calgary. :)

Ranjeet2217 Dec 20th 2007 8:21 pm

Welcome to the area, i am just 10 min south off you in Heritage Pointe. Enjoy

Ranjeet