British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Just bought a house!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/just-bought-house-412673/)

kellydrew Dec 9th 2006 2:50 pm

Just bought a house!!!!!

Hi all
Well we have just come back from our short week's break in Barrie, whilst driving around looking at different houses, we saw one that was being sold by a guy we met last year. Arranged to view house, saw it, put offer in, offer accepted :eek: :D mortgage vertually sorted and hey presto!!!!!!!
How quick??
Come back England and our house sale is moving faster (thank god) so looks like we could still be on for moving on the 12th January.
:)
Kelly

jempee Dec 9th 2006 2:53 pm

Re: Just bought a house!!!!!

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi all
Well we have just come back from our short week's break in Barrie, whilst driving around looking at different houses, we saw one that was being sold by a guy we met last year. Arranged to view house, saw it, put offer in, offer accepted :eek: :D mortgage vertually sorted and hey presto!!!!!!!
How quick??
Come back England and our house sale is moving faster (thank god) so looks like we could still be on for moving on the 12th January.
Kelly

Good luck Kelly. We also will be moving into our first canadian brought house on feb 2nd and cant wait it cant come quick enough. Have no idea where Barrie is ......'bloody english'....im sure i can hear all you canadians screaming..but i hope you will be very happy there :D

swoops Dec 9th 2006 2:55 pm

How fast is that... :eek: ... :scared: ..Good luck on the move.. :)

Cookie Dec 9th 2006 4:16 pm

Hi all
How quick??
Kelly

Congratulations on your new home. We stayed in Barrie area (Horseshoe Valley) in summer 2005 for a couple of weeks and loved it. Very green and lush. You'll have plenty of snow in the winter too. All the very best :D

Ozzidoc Dec 9th 2006 4:38 pm

Hi all
How quick??
Kelly

Congrats - very exciting!

KokiriChild Dec 9th 2006 4:40 pm

Hi all
How quick??
Kelly

Congratulations!

If I may ask, who's your mortgage through, and how would you rate them?

I hope you have many happy years there!

- KokiriChild

silver birch Dec 10th 2006 12:22 am

Congratulations!! I couldn't believe how stress-free the house buying process was in Canada compared to the UK! We did the same as you and put an offer in on a house on our last research trip prior to moving over this week. The offer was made and accepted in 24 hours and the survey done the day we left for the UK. We are now safely installed, although still surrounded by boxes!

Good luck with the move :)

Mystic Kazza Dec 10th 2006 5:29 pm

Hi all
How quick??
Kelly

Hi kelly, just logged in. Haven't been on for a while. That's brilliant. We have both had a long wait. Really pleased for you. Have sold our house now and OH has moved into a house in NS. We may buy it just waiting for me to go over before he does anything. Tickets booked for 17th January. :D

Karen :)

kellydrew Dec 10th 2006 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by KokiriChild
Congratulations!

If I may ask, who's your mortgage through, and how would you rate them?

I hope you have many happy years there!

- KokiriChild

We are working with a lady called Debbie Newton, not finalised as yet but will update you when we are
Kelly

kellydrew Dec 10th 2006 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hi kelly, just logged in. Haven't been on for a while. That's brilliant. We have both had a long wait. Really pleased for you. Have sold our house now and OH has moved into a house in NS. We may buy it just waiting for me to go over before he does anything. Tickets booked for 17th January. :D

Karen :)

Hi Karen
Glad things are working out well for you, I can't wait to move as I love all the 'Carol Smiley' changing rooms stuff!! I keep looking at the photographs and planning what I could do with each room- I've spent a fortune on it all ready and I'm not in it yet lol
Have a great christmas in England and happy moving
Kelly

daft batty Dec 10th 2006 9:45 pm

congrats kelly,

we arent so far away in peterborough. I reckon in the spring i t will be time for another BE meet up.

kellydrew Dec 10th 2006 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
congrats kelly,

we arent so far away in peterborough. I reckon in the spring i t will be time for another BE meet up.

Kool we're up for that
:beer:
Kelly

steved61 Dec 12th 2006 6:43 pm

We are working with a lady called Debbie Newton, not finalised as yet but will update you when we are
Kelly

What did you need for your mortgage ie down payment etc, we will be moving to collingwood/wasaga beach Mar 08, and wondering what we will be able to afford

steve

kellydrew Dec 12th 2006 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by steved61
What did you need for your mortgage ie down payment etc, we will be moving to collingwood/wasaga beach Mar 08, and wondering what we will be able to afford

steve

Hi Steve

A deposit of 25% was recommended by our broker.

Wasaga Beach is lovely and not too far from where we're moving to.

Good luck

Sarahad Dec 12th 2006 8:51 pm

Hi Steve

A deposit of 25% was recommended by our broker.

Wasaga Beach is lovely and not too far from where we're moving to.

Good luck

We went Wasage beach in June was lovely there!

We are in early stages of buying house here in Alberta!! seems alot easier over here and couldnt believe we gave our move in date the day we put offer in!! So much different to UK! If all goes well should move in on jan 15th!! Took 3 months for house sale to complete in UK and was stress all the way.