Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just bought a house!!!!!

Just bought a house!!!!!

Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:24 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just bought a house!!!!!

I went to Wasaga beach too back in 2005 whilst staying in Horseshoe Valley. Had a really weird experience - it was July, the beach was packed and although it was my first time there I had a deja vu (big-time)............. totally spooked me out
Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi Karen
Glad things are working out well for you, I can't wait to move as I love all the 'Carol Smiley' changing rooms stuff!! I keep looking at the photographs and planning what I could do with each room- I've spent a fortune on it all ready and I'm not in it yet lol
Have a great christmas in England and happy moving

Kelly
Hi Kelly, Cheers. A very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2007.

Karen
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Good luck.
We have just bought a house ourselves, a four bed detached house in north van, for 490k, the process of buying a house here is so fast, from deciding to buy it, to being able to move in is going to be about three weeks, ( that includes all the searches, mortgage,survey ) it used to take us months in the UK.
Of interest the house price dropped approx 80k since we first saw it advertised in the summer, to now when we placed an offer, it seems to be a bit of a buyers market at the moment, also there is an anticipated cooling of the housing market next year.
cheers
Jerry
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

jamestocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi all
Well we have just come back from our short week's break in Barrie, whilst driving around looking at different houses, we saw one that was being sold by a guy we met last year. Arranged to view house, saw it, put offer in, offer accepted mortgage vertually sorted and hey presto!!!!!!!
How quick??
Come back England and our house sale is moving faster (thank god) so looks like we could still be on for moving on the 12th January.

Kelly
Congrats Kelly! Just wish we could find our dream place that quickly!
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:59 pm
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
Good luck.
We have just bought a house ourselves, a four bed detached house in north van, for 490k, the process of buying a house here is so fast, from deciding to buy it, to being able to move in is going to be about three weeks, ( that includes all the searches, mortgage,survey ) it used to take us months in the UK.
Of interest the house price dropped approx 80k since we first saw it advertised in the summer, to now when we placed an offer, it seems to be a bit of a buyers market at the moment, also there is an anticipated cooling of the housing market next year.
cheers
Jerry

wow 490k in north van thats cheap..

how did u manage to wing that one
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov lad
wow 490k in north van thats cheap..

how did u manage to wing that one
Hi
A bit of luck.
We have been watching MLS and the papers for 'stagnate properties', and what with the housing market slowing down for the winter, also the house we got had two failed sales, so we got lucky, should be moving shortly after the new year.
Luckily we all actually like the house, so we won't be doing some work and 'flipping it' as suggested by the realtor.
cheers
Jerry