Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just bought a house!!!!!

Just bought a house!!!!!

Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:50 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Just bought a house!!!!!

Hi all
Well we have just come back from our short week's break in Barrie, whilst driving around looking at different houses, we saw one that was being sold by a guy we met last year. Arranged to view house, saw it, put offer in, offer accepted mortgage vertually sorted and hey presto!!!!!!!
How quick??
Come back England and our house sale is moving faster (thank god) so looks like we could still be on for moving on the 12th January.

Kelly
Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just bought a house!!!!!

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi all
Well we have just come back from our short week's break in Barrie, whilst driving around looking at different houses, we saw one that was being sold by a guy we met last year. Arranged to view house, saw it, put offer in, offer accepted mortgage vertually sorted and hey presto!!!!!!!
How quick??
Come back England and our house sale is moving faster (thank god) so looks like we could still be on for moving on the 12th January.

Kelly
Good luck Kelly. We also will be moving into our first canadian brought house on feb 2nd and cant wait it cant come quick enough. Have no idea where Barrie is ......'bloody english'....im sure i can hear all you canadians screaming..but i hope you will be very happy there
Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:55 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

How fast is that... ... :scared: ..Good luck on the move..
Old Dec 9th 2006, 4:16 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
How quick??

Kelly
Congratulations on your new home. We stayed in Barrie area (Horseshoe Valley) in summer 2005 for a couple of weeks and loved it. Very green and lush. You'll have plenty of snow in the winter too. All the very best
Old Dec 9th 2006, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
How quick??

Kelly

Congrats - very exciting!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 4:40 pm
All BUNAC'd up -> NS

KokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud of

Hi all
How quick??

Kelly
Congratulations!

If I may ask, who's your mortgage through, and how would you rate them?

I hope you have many happy years there!

- KokiriChild
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

silver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant future

Congratulations!! I couldn't believe how stress-free the house buying process was in Canada compared to the UK! We did the same as you and put an offer in on a house on our last research trip prior to moving over this week. The offer was made and accepted in 24 hours and the survey done the day we left for the UK. We are now safely installed, although still surrounded by boxes!

Good luck with the move
Old Dec 10th 2006, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Hi all
How quick??

Kelly
Hi kelly, just logged in. Haven't been on for a while. That's brilliant. We have both had a long wait. Really pleased for you. Have sold our house now and OH has moved into a house in NS. We may buy it just waiting for me to go over before he does anything. Tickets booked for 17th January.

Karen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 9:37 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KokiriChild
Congratulations!

If I may ask, who's your mortgage through, and how would you rate them?

I hope you have many happy years there!

- KokiriChild
We are working with a lady called Debbie Newton, not finalised as yet but will update you when we are
Kelly
Old Dec 10th 2006, 9:43 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hi kelly, just logged in. Haven't been on for a while. That's brilliant. We have both had a long wait. Really pleased for you. Have sold our house now and OH has moved into a house in NS. We may buy it just waiting for me to go over before he does anything. Tickets booked for 17th January.

Karen
Hi Karen
Glad things are working out well for you, I can't wait to move as I love all the 'Carol Smiley' changing rooms stuff!! I keep looking at the photographs and planning what I could do with each room- I've spent a fortune on it all ready and I'm not in it yet lol
Have a great christmas in England and happy moving

Kelly
Old Dec 10th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

congrats kelly,

we arent so far away in peterborough. I reckon in the spring i t will be time for another BE meet up.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 10:00 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
congrats kelly,

we arent so far away in peterborough. I reckon in the spring i t will be time for another BE meet up.
Kool we're up for that

Kelly
Old Dec 12th 2006, 6:43 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

We are working with a lady called Debbie Newton, not finalised as yet but will update you when we are
Kelly
What did you need for your mortgage ie down payment etc, we will be moving to collingwood/wasaga beach Mar 08, and wondering what we will be able to afford

steve
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:37 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by steved61
What did you need for your mortgage ie down payment etc, we will be moving to collingwood/wasaga beach Mar 08, and wondering what we will be able to afford

steve
Hi Steve

A deposit of 25% was recommended by our broker.

Wasaga Beach is lovely and not too far from where we're moving to.

Good luck
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Hi Steve

A deposit of 25% was recommended by our broker.

Wasaga Beach is lovely and not too far from where we're moving to.

Good luck

We went Wasage beach in June was lovely there!

We are in early stages of buying house here in Alberta!! seems alot easier over here and couldnt believe we gave our move in date the day we put offer in!! So much different to UK! If all goes well should move in on jan 15th!! Took 3 months for house sale to complete in UK and was stress all the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.