Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

June 2004 AOR?

June 2004 AOR?

Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future
Default Re: June 2004 AOR?

Originally Posted by Madmac
Please be advised that London has now reached the quota for the number of Permanent Residence Visas issued for 2005. This means that your file will be finalized in January-February 2006. I will advise you as soon as I have any information regarding your application.

From my Montreal based solicitors.

Need drink to dull the pain.
Re June 2004 AOR We are July 2004 AORs and we received a letter last week from CHC London saying there will be a 3 month delay on all applications received between May & November 2004, however they go on to say they are confident that applications will be reviewed by end of March 2006.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Lonestar is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: June 2004 AOR?

Originally Posted by Kuljit
Hi to you all, we got our medical requests on 21st Oct and had our medicals on the 27th Oct in Slough, but again this was a surprise as i thought we would not get an appointment for a couple of weeks.

Our application was received by CHC London on the 1st April 2004, and i have read elsewhere on this forum that CHC process applications from the date they have been received and not from the date on the AOR.

We are now just eagerly awaiting the updated police certificates, so that they can be forwarded to CHC London. i would recommend to the June AORs out there to apply for their updated police certificates, so that you have them ready if CHC ask for them.

Kuljit
Hi Kuljit,hope I am not to assuming but i was wondering ,seeing that you had your medicals in slough, if you are a slough resident like myself and considering the time between your AOR and medical requests as compared to others was so fast that the same could happen for me (plenty of time to go,AOR July '05) because maybe being a slough resident gives us asylum/refugee satus...LOL...
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Posted earlier on this thread about the waiting and guess what? we got our med requests yesterday!! It's only starting to sink in now...

We had our AOR on June 3rd 04, and the date on our med requests was 9th Decmeber - 6 days over our '18 months'.

So hang in there all the rest of you. It's REALLy hard not to obsess about it I know, but it will come in its own sweet time, and boy is it sweet when it does!

Snowqueen
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud of

Hi,

Has anyone had any news?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Found this time line on another board

"applied April 04, AOR 28/6/04, Med Req 01/02/06"

we are personally AOR 29/6/04 and haven't heard anything
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by woofwoof
Found this time line on another board

"applied April 04, AOR 28/6/04, Med Req 01/02/06"

we are personally AOR 29/6/04 and haven't heard anything
When did CHC receive your application ? That is the timeline you should be looking at.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by smitp11
When did CHC receive your application ? That is the timeline you should be looking at.

They got the pack late april 04
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by woofwoof
They got the pack late april 04
Not long for you now then, I assume you haven't received one of "their" letters ?

Last edited by smitp11; Feb 4th 2006 at 6:09 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by smitp11
Not long for you now then, I assume you haven't received one of "their" letters ?

Thats right.........but If we don't hear anything in the next 2 weeks I think the paranoia will set in
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud of

We received a letter in December, notifying us of a delay and that they hope to review by end of March. Hmmmm

We are July 04 AOR
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jibba
We received a letter in December, notifying us of a delay and that they hope to review by end of March. Hmmmm

We are July 04 AOR
Hello Jibba.

It looks as if we applied at exactly the same time. We also received the dreaded letter saying wait until end of March. It is painful watching the post come through the door and not receiving the brown envelope, however we are busy painting the house because we plan to put it on the market as soon as the medicals are sorted out.

Good luck.

Alex.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

mctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jibba

We are July 04 AOR
Same here.

Mike.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Good luck Alex. Hopefully we will all be celebrating at the same time.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carin
Hi there

As I am a June 04 AOR and are gradually getting closer to my medical request I was just wondering if there are any other June 2004 that have received theirs or have heard of any that have.Thanks

C
Hi Carin

We are June 04 AOR, recieved medical request in December, had medicals nearly three weeks ago and just waiting for results. Hope you hear something soon, good luck.

jossie
Old Feb 5th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

liz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fight or Flight
Just wondering about the previous months, we have contacted out consultant who has stated that the CHC in London are processing the AOR from mid to the end of march at present. Although I am relatively new to the forum I cannot remember many posts from April and May. We have been told that realistically we are looking at a further 8 - 9 months anbody got any thoughts on this?

we are may 2004 aor, we had our requests for medics on 22nd nov 2005 and police checks etc. finally got everything in the post about mid jan 2006 as uk police checks take sooooooooooo long.
we hope to hear something by easter. hope that helps.
also we are a family of 3 hoping to settle in the calgary area possibly cochrane (first choice ) or okotoks or calgary itself. all depends on property prices exchange rates etc when we finally settle. we have decided to put our house on the market only when its certain we are moving. we have also allowed at least a year to sell as the uk house mrket is also soooooo slow. if we do get a visa then we will land and have a holiday have a good old rekkie

and not get too stressed about timescales. it took us 14 months to sell and move from our last address last year!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.