Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

June 2004 AOR?

June 2004 AOR?

Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Fight or Flight will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 2004 AOR?

Just wondering about the previous months, we have contacted out consultant who has stated that the CHC in London are processing the AOR from mid to the end of march at present. Although I am relatively new to the forum I cannot remember many posts from April and May. We have been told that realistically we are looking at a further 8 - 9 months anbody got any thoughts on this?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fight or Flight
Just wondering about the previous months, we have contacted out consultant who has stated that the CHC in London are processing the AOR from mid to the end of march at present. Although I am relatively new to the forum I cannot remember many posts from April and May. We have been told that realistically we are looking at a further 8 - 9 months anbody got any thoughts on this?
Hi, we are also June O4 AOR (3rd) and don't know what to think. Like many of the people on here we are coming up to the end of our stated "18 month" wait, and one would think, could reasonably expect to hear something. However, in response to a a recent question of mine, Andrew Miller on this forum said I should not expect to hear anything for another 18 months
(:scared: ) as the backlog in CHC was so great. It's all very confusing. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle, depending on how straightforward your application is, or whether your name was picked out of a hat, or whatever other way they decide the order of these things. Some people certainly do hear within their timeframe, but I fear a lot of people do not.

All I know, is that worrying won't make it happen any faster, so get out there and do some Christmas shopping to take your mind off things!

Snowqueen
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Carin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kuljit
Hi to you all, our AOR was dated 8th June 2004 and we got medical requests exactly 4 weeks ago. As you can imagine it was a complete shock as we were not expecting to hear anything at least until December 2005. We had our medicals done 3 weeks ago. We applied under the skilled worker category (London) and we don't have any job offers or anything like that.

Kuljit
Hi. That's interesting. I know after have spoken to a immigration officer it can depend on how many members that are in you family! Have you got children?
Just curious. Thanks

C
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Tiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Carin
Hi. That's interesting. I know after have spoken to a immigration officer it can depend on how many members that are in you family! Have you got children?
Just curious. Thanks

C
How do you figure that? and how have you got to talk to an immigration officer? Are they suggesting that it takes longer when you have more members on the application?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:37 am
Just Joined

UKBungy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tiggy
The Yahoo site is another discussion site of like minded people. We read both those comments & the ones from this site to keep us as updated with what CHC are doing as best we can.
You need to log into the search engine, Yahoo.co.uk and look for 'uktocanada' and then you have to join the group by agreeing to this & that, just like this discussion forum really.
You just have the advantages, comments & experience from all sectors.
We've certainly found it useful.
Hope this helps.
Pauline
Originally Posted by Tiggy
Pardon my ignorance - What is the Yahoo site?

Cheers
Tiggy
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:46 am
Just Joined

UKBungy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kuljit
You are wonderful! Although we may be green with envy, at least we now know that it was a true statement and someone isn't get our hopes up for no reason. We're AOR 15 June so I think we're going to ask for our CAIPS notes now. They might tell us nothing at all, but I have to do something! Buying Christmas presents for family we're not going to see for years isn't enough to keep my mind occupied, and I love Christmas! I just want this one to be our last one in the UK and look forward to planning our one way trip to Canada for early in the New Year.
You've given us some hope Kuljit, and I hope our application is with an immigration Officer as quick as yours!
Thanks
Pauline.

Hi to you all, our AOR was dated 8th June 2004 and we got medical requests exactly 4 weeks ago. As you can imagine it was a complete shock as we were not expecting to hear anything at least until December 2005. We had our medicals done 3 weeks ago. We applied under the skilled worker category (London) and we don't have any job offers or anything like that.

Kuljit
Old Nov 20th 2005, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Carin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud ofCarin has much to be proud of

How do you figure that? and how have you got to talk to an immigration officer? Are they suggesting that it takes longer when you have more members on the application?
I spoke to an immigration officer from the CHC on a flight back from Brussels two weeks ago. I didn't tell him that I had applied for a visa but I tried to ask as many questions as possible. One of the factors that depends on when your visa is being processed is actually how many members there are in your family, belive it or not!!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud of

Has anyone received any useful information from their CAPIS notes?

Something I'm also thinking of doing.

Thanks
Jibba

Originally Posted by UKBungy
Hi Kuljit
You are wonderful! Although we may be green with envy, at least we now know that it was a true statement and someone isn't get our hopes up for no reason. We're AOR 15 June so I think we're going to ask for our CAIPS notes now. They might tell us nothing at all, but I have to do something! Buying Christmas presents for family we're not going to see for years isn't enough to keep my mind occupied, and I love Christmas! I just want this one to be our last one in the UK and look forward to planning our one way trip to Canada for early in the New Year.
You've given us some hope Kuljit, and I hope our application is with an immigration Officer as quick as yours!
Thanks
Pauline.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Kuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by UKBungy
Hi Kuljit
Thanks
Pauline.

Hi to you all, we got our medical requests on 21st Oct and had our medicals on the 27th Oct in Slough, but again this was a surprise as i thought we would not get an appointment for a couple of weeks.

Our application was received by CHC London on the 1st April 2004, and i have read elsewhere on this forum that CHC process applications from the date they have been received and not from the date on the AOR.

We are now just eagerly awaiting the updated police certificates, so that they can be forwarded to CHC London. i would recommend to the June AORs out there to apply for their updated police certificates, so that you have them ready if CHC ask for them.

Kuljit
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Pardon my ignorance - What is the Yahoo site?

Cheers
Tiggy
Hi Tiggy there are two that i am aware of -

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKtoCanada/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/britai...daimmigration/

Regarfs
mike
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:53 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Kuljit
Congrats but remember that the Visa office has put the Kibosh on issuing anything else until the New Year. We had our medicals 11 weeks ago and have not heard a peep out of them and probably won't until January at the earliest. Great and reassuring system that they seem to operate.

J
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud of

Where did the Visa office state that they're not issuing anything now until Jan?

Originally Posted by Madmac
Congrats but remember that the Visa office has put the Kibosh on issuing anything else until the New Year. We had our medicals 11 weeks ago and have not heard a peep out of them and probably won't until January at the earliest. Great and reassuring system that they seem to operate.

J
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Carin
Hi there

As I am a June 04 AOR and are gradually getting closer to my medical request I was just wondering if there are any other June 2004 that have received theirs or have heard of any that have.Thanks

C
We received AOR on 2nd July 2004. Skilled Worker London CHC. We do not expect to hear anything until end of December so you should definitely hear this month.

Some friends of mine flew to Vancouver in September and they received medicals after 18 months on the dot. They did however pre book them because they were convinced they would get in and they did. Good luck
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We received our AOR on the 3rd of June '04. Received request for medicals in September 05. Completed Medicals 6th October and submitted updated information - security checks, resumes, proof of funds three weeks after.

We have been told that it should only take 6 -8 weeks for our passport requests to come through - now at 10 weeks and getting very annoyed!

Hope you hear something soon,
Simon
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:07 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Please be advised that London has now reached the quota for the number of Permanent Residence Visas issued for 2005. This means that your file will be finalized in January-February 2006. I will advise you as soon as I have any information regarding your application.

From my Montreal based solicitors.

Need drink to dull the pain.

Originally Posted by Jibba
Where did the Visa office state that they're not issuing anything now until Jan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.