Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The jouney so far

The jouney so far

Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:03 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The jouney so far

Have a wonderful trip .
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:14 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I can tolerate the ones from Safeway although they're loaded with fat.

I would love to find "a" Chorley cake let alone a decent one.

<Steve wanders off with mouth watering.>
I used to make Eccles when I was at school doing Domestic Science so I suppose I ought to get baking, but mind you that was many moons ago and I don't think I have the light touch with pastry any more
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

amawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant future
Default Re: The journey so far - loving nova scotia

Hi Guys

quick update - having a ball. Left Halifax and went to Brule for a 2 day chill out truly beautiful and amazing sunsets along with some whopping mosquito bites. Every one really friendly and helpful keep giving us fresh veg, had a look round tamagouchie. Went over to Prince Edward Island on the confederation bridge. Came back today on the ferry had a look round New Glasgow. Well thats it for now - reassurance to those who are worrying re driving accomodation etc dont we have nothing booked not spent 1 night in the car yet and driving is fine. Heading up cape breton way tommorow.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:17 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amawill
Hi Guys

quick update - having a ball. Left Halifax and went to Brule for a 2 day chill out truly beautiful and amazing sunsets along with some whopping mosquito bites. Every one really friendly and helpful keep giving us fresh veg, had a look round tamagouchie. Went over to Prince Edward Island on the confederation bridge. Came back today on the ferry had a look round New Glasgow. Well thats it for now - reassurance to those who are worrying re driving accomodation etc dont we have nothing booked not spent 1 night in the car yet and driving is fine. Heading up cape breton way tommorow.
Glad to hear you are having a ball - cept for the mozzy bites - OUCH!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by amawill
Hi Guys

Great to hear you are having a good time. Did you travel in the opposite direction from Brule out of Tatamagouche and see the sites along the coast? My daughter goes to riding lessons on Brule and this year it is bad for mosquitoes, unusualy wet and cooler in the evening than normal. Had you been around the 7th Sep you would have seen all the camera/tv crews filming for "The Week the Women Went".

You should find the Cabot Trail stunning and worth the drive and it is set to be warm and sunny for the long back holiday weekend.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

amawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
Great to hear you are having a good time. Did you travel in the opposite direction from Brule out of Tatamagouche and see the sites along the coast? My daughter goes to riding lessons on Brule and this year it is bad for mosquitoes, unusualy wet and cooler in the evening than normal. Had you been around the 7th Sep you would have seen all the camera/tv crews filming for "The Week the Women Went".

You should find the Cabot Trail stunning and worth the drive and it is set to be warm and sunny for the long back holiday weekend.
Hi paradise found we did the coast drive along the coast, looking forward to heading out onto the cabot trail this morning after breakfast. I hoping the mosquitoes are not looking for me up there. Not sure where we will be on the 7th as we have nothing set in stone just making it up as we go along. I know we are in Halfiax for the 3rd as its our wedding anniversary. Sorry to all in Tatamagouche for calling it tamagouche (i am daft)
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Like about the show
http://www.thewomenwent.com/
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Well Cape Breton was amazing and the friendliest people i have ever met and my family are Irish so that is saying something. Loved it up there, we then headed down along the lighthouse trail very beautiful stayed in Lunnenberg. We are heading for Halfiax later. Despite the rain we are loving Nova Scotia just want to get home get the dog get a job and get back here asap.