jobs

Old May 7th 2012, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

alisonh21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs

hi

im new to this site but i hope someone can give me some advice, my husband would love to find work in canada or oz, he is a heavy plant operator and has nearly 20 years experience, i looked all over the internet and couldnt really find any info, does anyone know which companies would be best to contact

any help would be great
thank you
Old May 7th 2012, 4:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jobs

A few people will be along to give advice, most of it will start with read the Wiki (in the blue bar above) for both countries and then come back with narrowed down questions. Good luck.

Edited to add, don't forget to read the Moving Back to the UK part of the forum...
Old May 7th 2012, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
A few people will be along to give advice, most of it will start with read the Wiki (in the blue bar above) for both countries and then come back with narrowed down questions. Good luck.

Edited to add, don't forget to read the Moving Back to the UK part of the forum...
hi

thank u for advice ill have a look at that
alison
Old May 7th 2012, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

ive had a quick look and its very interesting to read, i never thought about going for a temp visa, this might be a way forward, we have sent of two CVs but id be supprsed if we get any joy with them, construction seem to have changed so much over the years cant find any for jcb drivers or grounds work

alison
Old May 8th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

in the woods will become famous soon enough

It's not plant here they call it equipment. a JCb in the classic term is a backhoe. a 360's an excavator. so go look for equipment operator jobs http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res-eng.asp...ge=50&Stdnt=No
Old May 8th 2012, 5:32 am
Just Joined

thank u, i did wonder if they would have different names for machines, ill check out the link that u have posted

alison
Old May 8th 2012, 7:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alisonh21
ive had a quick look and its very interesting to read, i never thought about going for a temp visa, this might be a way forward, we have sent of two CVs but id be supprsed if we get any joy with them, construction seem to have changed so much over the years cant find any for jcb drivers or grounds work
You are unlikely to get any job if (a) you are sending CV's (make sure it's a resume in Canadian format!); and (b) you are only sending them via email. As the Wiki will tell you, you need to pick up the phone and/or get out there to stand any chance of finding an employer prepared to go through the paperwork/hassle/wait of your LMO application.

Have a good read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki and hopefully that will help.

Best of luck.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You are unlikely to get any job if (a) you are sending CV's (make sure it's a resume in Canadian format!); and (b) you are only sending them via email. As the Wiki will tell you, you need to pick up the phone and/or get out there to stand any chance of finding an employer prepared to go through the paperwork/hassle/wait of your LMO application.

Have a good read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki and hopefully that will help.

Best of luck.
this information is very helpful thank you very much