job offers

Old Feb 14th 2015, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

jimbo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job offers

I seem to be going round and round and round and round in circles with the same old crap!!!!
Just been offered a job but its the same thing from the canadian employer ,,,do you have a work permit,,,,,,,,how can I get a work permit until I get the job,,,,what is wrong with these people? Surely you can apply for a work permit first pay your fees go online look for work get job offer ,,,,,bingo yes mr/ms employer I do have a work permit and this is my permit number,,,,let me check that first ,,,,,Result its official now you can have the job.'its a bit backwards the canadians are doing this ,maybe they should try going forwards for a change ;-)
Old Feb 14th 2015, 7:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offers

Originally Posted by jimbo0000
I seem to be going round and round and round and round in circles with the same old crap!!!!
Just been offered a job but its the same thing from the canadian employer ,,,do you have a work permit,,,,,,,,how can I get a work permit until I get the job,,,,what is wrong with these people?
There's nothing wrong with them at all, they simply don't know how their immigration system works. Would you know how the UK one works if a Canadian wanted to come and work there (I'm guessing not from your other comments)?

Surely you can apply for a work permit first pay your fees go online look for work get job offer ,,,,,bingo yes mr/ms employer I do have a work permit and this is my permit number,,,,let me check that first ,,,,,Result its official now you can have the job.'its a bit backwards the canadians are doing this ,maybe they should try going forwards for a change ;-)
If so, then pretty much the whole world is 'backwards', as most other countries have exactly the same system i.e. job offer before visa. Including the UK, who would have the same requirement for most Canadians wanting to work there.

The bottom line is that if your skills aren't needed and there isn't a gap in the Canadian labour market for your experience, then you can't get a work permit, which is fair enough really - it's a system designed to protect Canadian jobs, which it's doing.

If you don't want to go down that route, then perhaps Canada isn't for you, and you should look at EU countries where you can rock up and work without a visa.

You've not even mentioned the LMIA in your post above, which is by far the trickiest part of the Temp Work Permit process, and something that the employer has to do. I think we've established from your other posts that you're not LMIA exempt, so you need to get one of those before you can get a work permit, not just a job offer.

You've also only just started looking, so it's very early to be getting frustrated - there are forum members who've been looking for a year or two without any luck.

You've read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki I take it? That will make a big difference, but you really need to inform employers what they have to do to hire you (i.e. prove they can't find a Canadian to do the job, pay $1000 for the LMIA, and wait a few months for you to be able to start work). If they're not prepared to do that, then it will mean they can probably find a Canadian easily enough and the LMIA wouldn't be granted anyway.

Remind us, what is it you do?
Old Feb 14th 2015, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Just been offered a job but its the same thing from the canadian employer ,,,do you have a work permit,,,,,,,,how can I get a work permit until I get the job,,,,what is wrong with these people? Surely you can apply for a work permit first pay your fees go online look for work get job offer ,,,,,bingo yes mr/ms employer I do have a work permit and this is my permit number,,,,let me check that first ,,,,,Result its official now you can have the job.'its a bit backwards the canadians are doing this ,maybe they should try going forwards for a change ;-)
Unfortunately if you are thinking this way then there is something wrong with you, not them.

You can't just move to any country you fancy, whenever you want. Immigration exists for a reason.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Facilities engineering supervisor I now do ,i deal with contracts and contractors also look after my team of electricians and mechanical engineers.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, and the UK immigration system is a model of logic and reason.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it seems the company who offered you the job dont know the rules .They are supposed to apply for the work permit and pay the $1000 not you.Maybe they havent employed a foreign worker before?
Old Feb 14th 2015, 7:24 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Yes it seems the company who offered you the job dont know the rules .They are supposed to apply for the work permit and pay the $1000 not you.Maybe they havent employed a foreign worker before?
Maybe they were not planning on hiring a foreign worker? We get applicants from overseas regularly, despite putting 'must be legally entitled to work in Canada'. Unless a business is deliberately recruiting overseas, it seems not unreasonable they would expect applicant to be able to start work immediately.

Since the new program came in, we stopped hiring overseas applicants altogether.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Might I respectfully suggest a quick click on "find all posts/threads" by this poster?

We've been going "around and around..." etc, ad infinitem, for nigh on a year...
Old Feb 14th 2015, 9:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest your wife may have more luck with obtaining a job offer and visa - there are hundreds of jobs for chefs out there.

Chef Jobs | Indeed.com

Old Feb 15th 2015, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

In fact a number of provinces have re-introduced Food staff pilot schemes for PNP now EE has gone live, noticed when i was looking for myself.
Old Feb 15th 2015, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that,,,i know that the fee for the employer is 1000 cad to hire you on top of the paperwork also. Would paying this yourself not be better ,at least they could do the paperwork and that just leaves the payment.Thats considering the job offer is in place and signed and by keeping in touch with your future employer this may be a good idea.What do you think???
Old Feb 15th 2015, 1:31 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think???
I think that

a) it is illegal for them to get you to pay the fees
b) you might want to actually read some of the replies that you get on your various threads as they actually contain some helpful information
Old Feb 15th 2015, 5:06 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that,,,i know that the fee for the employer is 1000 cad to hire you on top of the paperwork also. Would paying this yourself not be better ,at least they could do the paperwork and that just leaves the payment.Thats considering the job offer is in place and signed and by keeping in touch with your future employer this may be a good idea.What do you think???
Terrible idea. As Zoe stated it is illegal to do this. Also, if the LMIA gets turned down you are out $1000 too.
Old Feb 15th 2015, 5:20 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, why do you want to move to Canada? Have you visited here before? Where is the job you've been offered based?
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Was in edmonton alberta last year which my wife had an interview so was good to see how the other half live.We both realised that we needed to depart UK and to look into immigration to Canada as we both loved.Saskatchewan would be the ideal place as we have friends in regina whom we could go visit and check the job market when we are there.All the police checks and ielts english exams taken also so its a case of waiting as we have been doing this for nearly 3 years.We dont want to give up the dream of a far better life than the one we have here in the UK,,,very soul destroying !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.