Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

job offer.now what?

Wikiposts

job offer.now what?

Old Feb 11th 2005, 4:48 am
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice
Default job offer.now what?

applied skilled worker London CHC. AOR July 2004. Hubby just been offered a job - formal offer winging its way from Halifax Nova Scotia at this very moment. Once returned roughly how long does it take HRDC to make a decision and then how long until he can apply and get issued with work permits?
Obviously if all comes together we will notify CHC of change of address re PR application but does anyone know if we get any extra points or will it speed up our PR application in anyway?
I'm guessing not but just hoping......
Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:05 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offer.now what?

Originally Posted by maple
applied skilled worker London CHC. AOR July 2004. Hubby just been offered a job - formal offer winging its way from Halifax Nova Scotia at this very moment. Once returned roughly how long does it take HRDC to make a decision and then how long until he can apply and get issued with work permits?
Obviously if all comes together we will notify CHC of change of address re PR application but does anyone know if we get any extra points or will it speed up our PR application in anyway?
Thanks
Two or three months including HRDC validation and work permit processing. Maybe sooner.

Certainly should get more PR points as he will be working in canada, which I think was one of the points questions. If you are clever the same job offer could be used for both the WP and PR application, but I read here that for WP it should be fixed contract (to qualify for temporary type of job allegedly needed for WP), but for PR its a full time thing. My experience and that of a few others here was the a full time job offer was fine for a WP, but that may have changed recently.

Can you get the employer to pay for an expert opinion on how the letter should best be worded to suit both purposes?

Sorry, as you suspected job offer wont speed up PR at all, but CONGRATULATIONS anyway.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:13 am
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Two or three months including HRDC validation and work permit processing. Maybe sooner.

Certainly should get more PR points as he will be working in canada, which I think was one of the points questions. If you are clever the same job offer could be used for both the WP and PR application, but I read here that for WP it should be fixed contract (to qualify for temporary type of job allegedly needed for WP), but for PR its a full time thing. My experience and that of a few others here was the a full time job offer was fine for a WP, but that may have changed recently.

Can you get the employer to pay for an expert opinion on how the letter should best be worded to suit both purposes?

Sorry, as you suspected job offer wont speed up PR at all, but CONGRATULATIONS anyway.
Thanks.........we will contact the employer and see what they can do.......they have been great so far.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maple
Thanks
Work Permit can come through very quickly, I think my husband got his in a couple of weeks. All depends on your company liasing well with the HRDC there. Our work permit was arranged via the HRDC in Halifax, so could be quite quick.

Will give extra points and may make it go a bit quicker as you are probably now a more favourable immigrant so not so many questions about eligibilty if you already have enough points. Our PR took a year from application to granting.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:50 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

It may not speed up your PR application, but it will probably add points.....but anyway, WHO CARES????? You'll be out there living the dream anyway!!!!

you lucky, lucky, LUCKY people !!!!!

Grats

Morw

ps. I'm not jealous at all!!!!! /e shuffles off mumbling to herself.........
Old Feb 11th 2005, 6:07 am
Get me out of here

suziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant future

WoW lucky you.

So tell us the secret of getting a job from this end then.

Where are you going to?

Congratulations

Sue