Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

ive never moved so much snow in my life

ive never moved so much snow in my life

Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Rosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ive never moved so much snow in my life

Weve lived here for 28 years, so we are used to shovelling that white stuff, :curse: It gets harder to do the job as we get older.:
Our nearest Wal-Mart is over 2 hours away. Hope we dont get a big snowstorm before we can get the blower.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ive never moved so much snow in my life

Originally Posted by Rosylady
Our nearest Wal-Mart is over 2 hours away. Hope we dont get a big snowstorm before we can get the blower.
You might want to check availability before going. Walmart here (2 stores) is running an ad in the paper to say they've sold out. It didn't say whether the plug on BE was to blame.

I notice the latest Canadian Tire flyer is advertising one at half price - $99. It's more powerful and is wider. On the face of it this looks a better deal than the Walmart one for $89.

But I looked at the customer reviews and those of similar models on other sites.

They all say these things are good for powdery snow of a few inches. But that stuff is so easy to shift with an ordinary pusher.

Where the reviews bother me is a lot seem to malfunction after a few uses or the blades break when the snow is "too much" for the tool. There only seems to be one way of finding out the snow was "too much" and then it's too late.

What I'm now wondering is if this 'small' one for $89 has an unexpected advantage. As the blades are smaller, perhaps they are less likely to break. Clearing snow up to a foot wide may be okay, while a greater width apparently achievable with a bigger model might put greater strain on the blades.

Basically, because the model makes it look like it can do more, you try to do more and it breaks, while the smaller model perhaps looks more limited so you don't do too much.