Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Update on the inlaws refund........they p-d off their bank Royal Bank so much that the bank said and done this "We will give you the 800quid you paid for return flights, as we havent heard from RB Visa yet....so, if they refuse to pay out, you will have to give us the 800quid back"

Why on earth would someone at 70 years old want to be given that money then asked for it back...beyond me! And it turns out the bank never ask for proof of purchase, tickets or anything when making the claim.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Originally Posted by dawnzocalgary
Update on the inlaws refund........they p-d off their bank Royal Bank so much that the bank said and done this "We will give you the 800quid you paid for return flights, as we havent heard from RB Visa yet....so, if they refuse to pay out, you will have to give us the 800quid back"

Why on earth would someone at 70 years old want to be given that money then asked for it back...beyond me! And it turns out the bank never ask for proof of purchase, tickets or anything when making the claim.
Thats really bad, the credit card should have paid it back,

did they get the card through the same bank as its RB & RB Visa ?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Thats really bad, the credit card should have paid it back,

did they get the card through the same bank as its RB & RB Visa ?
I believe it was a debit visa through RB, and the same place they have all their accounts.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it was a debit visa through RB, and the same place they have all their accounts.
The bank should take it up on there behalf considering there age, hope it all works out ok,

What have the credit card said ?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
The bank should take it up on there behalf considering there age, hope it all works out ok,

What have the credit card said ?
You would think so, the credit card basically havent replied to the bank on their requests, so im finding it all a little odd that over a month has passed since they have been home and they are getting nowhere.

I bet they just got their scottish rant on and the bank guy got scared and agreed to give them the $ so that he didnt get hurt
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You would think so, the credit card basically havent replied to the bank on their requests, so im finding it all a little odd that over a month has passed since they have been home and they are getting nowhere.

I bet they just got their scottish rant on and the bank guy got scared and agreed to give them the $ so that he didnt get hurt
yes i would be scared as well,

Tell your parents to get onto the credit card people every day and bombard them with letters and emails, just recopy the same one and keep sending

we had to keep on to Barclay card to get ours back,

Maybe the credit card people don't understand them
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Hi there,

Noticed a few users on this site have had refunds from Barclaycard.

We booked return flights with Zoom on Barclay card and I'm having real bother with them. I first rang them and informed them of situation and they said that because we live in Canada we will need to write to them and explain situation. We did this and included flight confirmation and the email which reported the closure of Zoom airlines.

I didn't hear anything back from my letter so rang again to which they replied the letter was lost. They told me the disputes team would contact me. They didn't so I rang again. They told me to contact an 0870 recorded message about Zoom and the liquidation process, which I did.

I had to ring B/C again!! They then told me to write again including details of the recorded message and then they would respond.

Did anybody else have to do this? I feel like they're going to ask me to start performing weird circus acts next in order to gain a refund?!!!

cheers

Sam
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
Hi there,

Noticed a few users on this site have had refunds from Barclaycard.

We booked return flights with Zoom on Barclay card and I'm having real bother with them. I first rang them and informed them of situation and they said that because we live in Canada we will need to write to them and explain situation. We did this and included flight confirmation and the email which reported the closure of Zoom airlines.

I didn't hear anything back from my letter so rang again to which they replied the letter was lost. They told me the disputes team would contact me. They didn't so I rang again. They told me to contact an 0870 recorded message about Zoom and the liquidation process, which I did.

I had to ring B/C again!! They then told me to write again including details of the recorded message and then they would respond.

Did anybody else have to do this? I feel like they're going to ask me to start performing weird circus acts next in order to gain a refund?!!!

cheers

Sam
Not too different to the performance we had im sorry to say,

They really have opened our eyes up to the bad service we have had from them, we have got the money back from them,

We use the card to pay for things like this so we are protected and don't expect top have to jump through hoops to get what we are entitled to,

Keep at it you will get there
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Hey - I never saw this thread before. I purchased on a NatWest credit card and got my refund through last week.

Well I got a letter saying it has been credited "for now" whilst they continue looking in to it but I am remaining positive that it is back in account for good.