Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

imajoseph has a spectacular aura aboutimajoseph has a spectacular aura aboutimajoseph has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Originally Posted by richardm123
Myself and my wife booked flights from Vancouver to Gatwick just 3 days ago!!!:curse: We booked with a Vancity creditcard and have just faxed them out dispute. They have has a few strange things to say.

1. That they cannot process anything until Zoom have filed for bankruptcy (it is happening today I gather)
2. They said that they will not refund until after the date we were supposed to fly back:curse: Meaning that we would get no cash back until after 27th December 2008!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

I noticed on the BBC website that BA are offering deals to Zoom customers effected. Anyone found out anything more about this?.

Cheers,
Richard
I phoned BA and they are only offering discounted flights for Zoom passengers for flights that were flying before mid September, i have a Zoom ticket booked for xmas so it BA cant help me out.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

imajoseph has a spectacular aura aboutimajoseph has a spectacular aura aboutimajoseph has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
Anyone know if you can get a refund for tickets bought on a credit card that you no longer have?

We are here on a TWP and hadn't used our return flight yet, but the credit card we bought the tickets on we cancelled when we were closing some of our UK bank accounts prior to moving here.
Phone the credit card company i booked with CIBC Visa and they told me to fax over my itinerary and my Visa statement with the transaction on it and they will give a full refund, it shouldnt matter whether you are still a customer or not the transaction had been processed when you were one and so should be covered.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Little D
CIBC Visa have been great!

They just told me to fax through to them a copy of the notice from Zoom and a copy of the itinerary. They gave me a reference number to quote on all the pages and said they would then arrange to credit the money back to my Visa account.

Understandably they couldn't say how long it would take as they have very high call volumes about this issue, but they were very helpful. I was most impressed.

Now I've got to try and find an affordable flight from UK to Calgary just before Christmas for my unaccompanied 15 year old!!
Agreed, CIBC Visa were great, faxed over documents with a reference number and they will give a full refund, how long they dont know but going on a previous scenario i had like this one when Jetsgo went belly-up a few years back it took me over 4 months to get my money back, yikes !
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

I have a return ticket booked for xmas with Zoom from Toronto to Manchester, i have been scrambling to get another flight but i'm not getting much luck as the prices on BA and Air Canada are ridiculously high, i guess now Zoom has gone so have the days are discounted flights to the UK....RIP FlyZoom thanks for the memories !

Anybody know of any cut price or chaper websites to look on for flights to the UK apart from the big airlines BA, Air Canada, KLM, Air France, Air Transat ? HELP !

Transat i have found are the cheapest so far but their first flight back after New Year is Jan 1st (stupid!) then a week later on the 7th Jan, i'm looking to fly back to Toronto on the weekend inbetween 3/4th Jan surely there are some other airlines flying back to Canada then and not the ones listed above.

Any help would be much appreciated
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

akm1313 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, just signed on to talk about this Zoom issue.

I used a Canadian Mosaic Gold Mastercard and they have a policy for this where MC give the merchant 90 days to respond, if they don't respond MC will refund the amount in full. So its a waiting game now.

a bit frustrating, especially because I was planning to fly in two weeks and I haven't found any airlines giving a special rate for flyzoom customers.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by imajoseph
I have a return ticket booked for xmas with Zoom from Toronto to Manchester, i have been scrambling to get another flight but i'm not getting much luck as the prices on BA and Air Canada are ridiculously high, i guess now Zoom has gone so have the days are discounted flights to the UK....RIP FlyZoom thanks for the memories !

Anybody know of any cut price or chaper websites to look on for flights to the UK apart from the big airlines BA, Air Canada, KLM, Air France, Air Transat ? HELP !

Transat i have found are the cheapest so far but their first flight back after New Year is Jan 1st (stupid!) then a week later on the 7th Jan, i'm looking to fly back to Toronto on the weekend inbetween 3/4th Jan surely there are some other airlines flying back to Canada then and not the ones listed above.

Aren't there cheaper flights through Canadian affair , than just going with B.A or Air Canada ?? I'm presuming that you have heard of Canadian affair but if not the website is www.canadian-affair.com they generally offer budget prices to Canada !
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjwalker007
Aren't there cheaper flights through Canadian affair , than just going with B.A or Air Canada ?? I'm presuming that you have heard of Canadian affair but if not the website is www.canadian-affair.com they generally offer budget prices to Canada !
I think the problem is that Canadian Affair only offer Transat flights in the winter so you are very restricted.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:38 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by imajoseph

BA & Air Canada still have a seat sale on, but for Christmas flights you have to fly before Dec 18th and return after Jan 6th. Otherwise you are in the peak period, top prices.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of

We were due to fly to NS on 17 sept with zoom. If you have paid on a UK credit card and your ticket cost £100+ you are protected under the consumer credit act and should be able to get your money back from your card company. as someone else said here write to them explaining and they will put the amount in dispute and start the retreival process. There are so many people involved in this you stand an excellent chance of seeing your £s again - if you paid cash your stuffed (sorry), debit card check with your abnk first but its down to their good will, travel insurance will sort it though if you have a decent policy
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:32 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

Canadian affair have added extra flights to their schedule in mid sep.
£250 each way from glasgow.

I would love to be able to book AC but whenever i look their prices are all 2-3 times higher than canadian affair,maybe its the glasgow departure

Karen
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter, her boyfried and my mum were booked on zoom to visit at the end of September. Yesterday I was trying to re-book with Canadian Affair but there was something funny with the wite and I couldn't proceed after getting the total price.

When I tried later in the day the total price had increased by 200GBP, at the sae time the Air Canada price had gone down by 100GBP making them the cheapest!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
Its pretty easy actually, get on the phone NOW and tell them you want to put a payment into dispute,they will then ask you why, tell them, and its plain sailing from there. Just 2 weeks ago i had to do it with Amex,they froze the payment while they made there inquires, which means you do not have to pay the bill or any interest. If you have already paid your statement off, its still just as easy but you will have to wait 30 days for the money to be refunded back to your account. I've done this a few times in the past
On the down side we have lost our money on the car hire from Canadian AffairWe even promised to book with them for 3 weeks next August if they would transfer the car hire ,No Way Gringo:curse:.

I am quite a philosophical kind of person ,it could have been worse i could have worked for Zoom.
Will try and sort something out with another carrier at a reasonable price,NO CHANCE FROM SCOTLAND:curse:Looking at another £1000 or so.
Looks like NS will have to wait till next year,the kids are quite pleased about that they are now going to get a beach holiday this Oct.
Arty & Co
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

dinoffc is an unknown quantity at this point

Arty, we are having the same problems with Canadian Affair car rental. We have rebooked flights with BA but to Toronto this time and they refuse to transfer the car rental booking over to Toronto.
However, we booked the car rental on credit card (Barclaycard), we phoned them this morning and they are going to discuss the matter with Canadian Affair (or as someone mentioned earlier, the cunch of bunts). We flew and took out car rental with them last year, no probs and the only reason we chose zoom this year was because the CoBs don't fly to/from Halifax in November.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinoffc
Arty, we are having the same problems with Canadian Affair car rental. We have rebooked flights with BA but to Toronto this time and they refuse to transfer the car rental booking over to Toronto.
However, we booked the car rental on credit card (Barclaycard), we phoned them this morning and they are going to discuss the matter with Canadian Affair (or as someone mentioned earlier, the cunch of bunts). We flew and took out car rental with them last year, no probs and the only reason we chose zoom this year was because the CoBs don't fly to/from Halifax in November.
Hello dinoffc,
good to know that barclycard are going to have a word with CA, let us know how you get on.I will give M S DW a phone in the morning.Good luck.
ps why are you flying to Toronto there are closer airports in the USA that will work out cheaper.
Arty & C0
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by richardm123
Myself and my wife booked flights from Vancouver to Gatwick just 3 days ago!!!:curse: We booked with a Vancity creditcard and have just faxed them out dispute. They have has a few strange things to say.

1. That they cannot process anything until Zoom have filed for bankruptcy (it is happening today I gather)
2. They said that they will not refund until after the date we were supposed to fly back:curse: Meaning that we would get no cash back until after 27th December 2008!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

I noticed on the BBC website that BA are offering deals to Zoom customers effected. Anyone found out anything more about this?.

Cheers,
Richard
YOU HAVE GOT NO CHANCE MATE IT'S BASICALLY THE RESERVE SEATS THAT THEY CAN'T SELL YOU HAVE TO SIT IN THE AIRPORT AND WAIT AND LET'S FACE FACTS THIS IS STRESSFUL ENOUGH WITHOUT NOT KNOWING WHEN YOU WILL DEFINATLEY FLY- VIRGIN ALSO SAID THIS BUT UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO VANCOUVER AGAIN NO IN FOR MUCH BY WAY OF JOY WE FOUND A QUITE REASONABLE PRICED FIGHT TO NS WITH FLYTHOMASCOOK BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY A RETURN AND BE FLEXIBLE IF YOU WANT A DATE EXACTLY YOU WILL BE PAYING ABOUT £500 MOULARS MORE THAN YOU PAID WITH ZOOM - JUST LIKE ME!
BUT HEY AT LEAST I'M GOING (AIR CANADA THIS TIME THEY ARE GOING NOWHERE)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.