Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:20 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Originally Posted by chriskatie
I knew that 'free kids' offer was too good to be true. There is no way we'll get another deal like that one now.

I tried calling Lloyds TSB tonight and got cut off after waiting 28 minutes. Mastercard are advising their Canadian customers that refunds will be given. I hope that stands for UK customers too.
I spoke to LLoydsTSB this afternoon, they said they have to send out claim forms and proceed from there. Of course it will take a while for the forms to arrive from the UK, so I hope it isn't 1st come, 1st served!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Originally Posted by ellsie
I spoke to LLoydsTSB this afternoon, they said they have to send out claim forms and proceed from there. Of course it will take a while for the forms to arrive from the UK, so I hope it isn't 1st come, 1st served!
fortunately it doesn't work like that - you will get your money back
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:38 am
Just Joined

jasonlisa is a jewel in the roughjasonlisa is a jewel in the roughjasonlisa is a jewel in the roughjasonlisa is a jewel in the rough

We booked for flights out on 25th Oct, using our Halifax CC. They have been very helpful, and told us we need to post them everything we have showing what we've paid etc, as well as a copy of the apology email we got from Zoom, and that it then goes into dispute.

This means we are very likely to get our money back (fingers crossed). We cannot afford to re-book elsewhere until this money is back in our hands, which means it it takes too long we'll probably lose out on accomodation as well. Despite all this, I still feel we're lucky, unlike those poor people who're stranded or who are due to fly very soon. How annoying.

Good job I read the thread about contraception this morning, it made me smile when I needed it, thankyou!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice

Just spoken to the Abbey and they said "investigation time and reimbursement" should be a timescale of 2-4 weeks which isn't too bad fingers crossed!

Now all we need to do now is email Richard Branson to close the gap in the market of non-existent flights to Halifax from a northern airport

Surely someone can put a flight schedule together for us poor souls - by 'eck it's grim up north (at the moment anyway!)
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jasonlisa
We booked for flights out on 25th Oct, using our Halifax CC. They have been very helpful, and told us we need to post them everything we have showing what we've paid etc, as well as a copy of the apology email we got from Zoom, and that it then goes into dispute.

This means we are very likely to get our money back (fingers crossed). We cannot afford to re-book elsewhere until this money is back in our hands, which means it it takes too long we'll probably lose out on accomodation as well. Despite all this, I still feel we're lucky, unlike those poor people who're stranded or who are due to fly very soon. How annoying.

Good job I read the thread about contraception this morning, it made me smile when I needed it, thankyou!
Halifax should look to increase your limit based on the dispute to allow you to make an alternative flight - I have never known anyone not receive a refund and I was the manager for over 6 years.....
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

dinoffc is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Booked for five of us to travel out on 29th October to land in Halifax for our PRs with our IF debit card. Rang them and they are going to look into it for us as it is a Visa debit card. One of the ladies I spoke to said that they refunded some people with the Wrapit liquidation, but still not holding out much hope.
We have rebooked with BA but we are now landing in Toronto and not Halifax, as it was too expensive to fly there with the main carriers.
However, the most galling part is that we had booked car rental with Canadian Affair who refuse to transfer this to Toronto, as the booking is non refundable and non transferable, as one lady smugly pointed out to us.....twice!!! Surely in this day and age they would be able to sort something out? Booking made through them is for Hertz, might be worth contacting them directly, they may feel sorry for us.
We know how you all feel and hope that everyone can sort something out of this mess, I think someone up there is telling us not to go.................
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Anyone know if you can get a refund for tickets bought on a credit card that you no longer have?

We are here on a TWP and hadn't used our return flight yet, but the credit card we bought the tickets on we cancelled when we were closing some of our UK bank accounts prior to moving here.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:43 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinoffc
Booked for five of us to travel out on 29th October to land in Halifax for our PRs with our IF debit card. Rang them and they are going to look into it for us as it is a Visa debit card. One of the ladies I spoke to said that they refunded some people with the Wrapit liquidation, but still not holding out much hope.
We have rebooked with BA but we are now landing in Toronto and not Halifax, as it was too expensive to fly there with the main carriers.
However, the most galling part is that we had booked car rental with Canadian Affair who refuse to transfer this to Toronto, as the booking is non refundable and non transferable, as one lady smugly pointed out to us.....twice!!! Surely in this day and age they would be able to sort something out? Booking made through them is for Hertz, might be worth contacting them directly, they may feel sorry for us.
We know how you all feel and hope that everyone can sort something out of this mess, I think someone up there is telling us not to go.................

The car insurance issue woud be a thing for your travel insruance to sort out. They may refund and let you rebook
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

perrymason77 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had flights leaving on the 12th for Vancouver (obviously not anymore), thankfully on the credit card and Nationwide seem to think that there wont be a problem reimbursing us.

Managed to get replacement flights with Air Canada for the same days so just currently out of pocket for a lot more. :curse:
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:42 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Just called American Express. They say it is too early as their legal department is still considering the bank's position. However, they say they WILL stand behind their cardholders.

Phew!
Well, American Express were very helpful. Unfortunately, when I checked back in my records I realized I had paid for these tickets with my Scotiabank Visa.

Scotiabank were not quite so helpful. They gave me a file number and asked me to fax all the documents/e-Ticket and Itinerary etc, but said they will not start to process my claim until after the date I was due to fly and declined to credit my account with the amount until "the dispute is resolved".

My guess is that they will not credit me until Zoom's credit card service provider accepts the charge back.

This is a bit less than stellar service IMO.

Fortunately I do a lot of business, one way or another, with Scotiabank so I have a few hostages.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by perrymason77
We had flights leaving on the 12th for Vancouver (obviously not anymore), thankfully on the credit card and Nationwide seem to think that there wont be a problem reimbursing us.

Managed to get replacement flights with Air Canada for the same days so just currently out of pocket for a lot more. :curse:
I just recieved a credit back from nationwide, fro services i didnt recieve they froze the payment while i was on the phone (so there would be no charges ) then credited the payment back to my card 10 days lateryou have no worries with them
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

bozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nice

So in short, I booked on a natwest maestro debit card. Is it even worth me making a call to Natwest?
Also, rang my travel insurance company: they wriggled out of it. Cunch of bunts.
Friday night time for some ale.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by bozonightmare
So in short, I booked on a natwest maestro debit card. Is it even worth me making a call to Natwest?
Also, rang my travel insurance company: they wriggled out of it. Cunch of bunts.
Friday night time for some ale.
Read your Travel Insurance policy and see if there are any particular sections that you beleive you could claim on.... Don't just accept the initial phone call!... Put the request in writing if they still refuse to talk about it!

As for the Maestro.... Probably out of luck, but it will not hurt to call anyway.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

bozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nice

Thanks for the swift advice comeback Ramsey.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:47 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

Bought on capital one uk mastercard 2 adults + 1 child ticket 15 august 08, called credit card company and they are sending out a form to be completed and returned, they will then look at refunding.

***Please also check with the cc company that the interest will be stopped whilst the claim for a refund is pending".***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.