Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I've begun my journey to Ottowa (Nurse)

I've begun my journey to Ottowa (Nurse)

Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

JD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've begun my journey to Ottowa (Nurse)

Hi all,

This is more of a rant, blog post... something. But I feel terribly alone in this process!

I've paid for my NNAS assessment, my WES assessment, I've done my IELTS with good scores. it's all been very expensive so far, I have to get my documents notarised today for the NNAS which is another £120

what I need to happen: I have sent all the forms to my previous employers for the NNAS which is proving a huge issue - some of my employers are refusing to fill these in and send them as it's not 'policy'. I've informed them I will pay for any costs and explained that the NNAS will only accept the forms sent directly from them with their stamp. I'm not sure what else I can do, I'm sad the process isn't easier, such as using email rather than relying on post. My god it's expensive, and I'm only doing this for them to say that my education is somewhat comparable just so I can sit extra courses.

I will apply for the express entry entry, and for that I only need the WES to recognise my qualifications which shouldn't be a bother as my Uni will send them what they need. I don't think getting the visa will be difficult at all, however, once I'm there I'lll be forced to work as a healthcare assistant or do something completely different as transferring my qualification is proving to be near-impossible.

if there's any other nurses willing to throw their experience in so I don't feel so alone that would be great.

thanks

J

Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've begun my journey to Ottowa (Nurse)

Originally Posted by JD1990
I don't think getting the visa will be difficult at all
In a previous post you said your CRS score was only 382? Have you managed to get that score up somehow, as that is very unlikely to be enough to get a visa via EE?

There are loads of nurses on the forum so I'm sure lots will be along to sympathise soon, it's a really tough and expensive process. Have a search of the forum and you'll find tons of relevant threads so that you know you're not alone, there's a really long one with lots of others' experiences too. Edit: found it - UK nurse moving to Canada

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 8th 2021 at 10:26 am.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

JD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond repute

I've potentially got a job offer, however, they need the NNAS and WES first. I'll be able to get more points through state sponsorship as soon as my WES is cleared.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JD1990
I've potentially got a job offer, however, they need the NNAS and WES first. I'll be able to get more points through state sponsorship as soon as my WES is cleared.
Provincial nomination you mean? That would give you the points required then. Make sure your employer is happy to do that, it's quite onerous for Ontario (and costs them more than a LMIA app too, $1500/$2000 fee in addition to the other costs), but hopefully they're aware of that.