Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

It's Official - I'm moving to Vancouver....

Wikiposts

It's Official - I'm moving to Vancouver....

Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's Official - I'm moving to Vancouver....

Hey peeps!!!

guess what -

The references all came through and I'm now able to officially say 'I'm heading to Vancouver'!!!!

I handed my notice in today aswell - and after the boss knew by reading my emails , I just sent her a text to say 'I quit'!!!! My last working day will be the 18th July, and my tenants move in on the 24th July, so I'll be heading over to Houston first on about the 26th July, stay there till about 4th August, then head to Vancouver....!!!!

I can now really start getting excited, and get booking flights, and posting my CV saying I'll be available from Mid August etc... Yippee!!!!

I'm so happy, and just off now to watch my friend ride her horses, then we're going to have a pint to celebrate! I have a monumental early start as I'm off to a wedding on the Isle Of Wight tomorrow for a wedding but I'm sure I'll havve an even better time knowing this news. I'll also see so many of my friends there that I don't get to see often too....

Ok - this excited Bandit is off - catch y'all later!!!!!!!!!

B
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all
Default Re: It's Official - I'm moving to Vancouver....

well done , i remember reading your thread about your boss reading your emails and i was even worried !!!!!

make sure those beers are cold

yeeehhha
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:58 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased for you - i've loved reading the posts about your whole journey - I think you should print them all from day 1 and put them in a scrapbook and keep it as a reminder of this stage of your life!!!!

Don't forget to look me up when you get here
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:23 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Well done - good luck and all the best
Old Jun 20th 2008, 6:43 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats that's great news for the weekend, enjoy yourself
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:01 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

A Happy and Excited Bandit! Very nice!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I'm so pleased for you - i've loved reading the posts about your whole journey - I think you should print them all from day 1 and put them in a scrapbook and keep it as a reminder of this stage of your life!!!!

Don't forget to look me up when you get here
Hey!!! Thanks MMC!!! I've enjoyed your posts too, and keep em coming - how's the ciggy thing going??

I will of course look you up, and now at least you have a great reason to visit me in Vancouver!!!

Bx
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

And if you pop up to Whistler/Pemberton at any point you'll be able to drop in on me! By the way we used to live in Farnborough so not that far down the road really!

Zoe M. x
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:30 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zmartin
And if you pop up to Whistler/Pemberton at any point you'll be able to drop in on me! By the way we used to live in Farnborough so not that far down the road really!

Zoe M. x
We'll be up there on the 8th July to try out the B&B you recommended (looks lovely, by the way) .......... are you at work then?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Originally Posted by bananahammock
We'll be up there on the 8th July to try out the B&B you recommended (looks lovely, by the way) .......... are you at work then?
Unfortunately I will be - it'll be my "Monday". How long are you around for?

Zoe M. x
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:12 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bandit
Hey peeps!!!

guess what -

The references all came through and I'm now able to officially say 'I'm heading to Vancouver'!!!!

I handed my notice in today aswell - and after the boss knew by reading my emails , I just sent her a text to say 'I quit'!!!! My last working day will be the 18th July, and my tenants move in on the 24th July, so I'll be heading over to Houston first on about the 26th July, stay there till about 4th August, then head to Vancouver....!!!!

I can now really start getting excited, and get booking flights, and posting my CV saying I'll be available from Mid August etc... Yippee!!!!

I'm so happy, and just off now to watch my friend ride her horses, then we're going to have a pint to celebrate! I have a monumental early start as I'm off to a wedding on the Isle Of Wight tomorrow for a wedding but I'm sure I'll havve an even better time knowing this news. I'll also see so many of my friends there that I don't get to see often too....

Ok - this excited Bandit is off - catch y'all later!!!!!!!!!

B
Hi Bandit
so pleased for you, its so exciting! good luck
Terese
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

See you soon(ish)!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:14 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zmartin
Unfortunately I will be - it'll be my "Monday". How long are you around for?

Zoe M. x
Hi Zoe (sorry bandit, didn't mean to sneak my social life into your thread!! )

We should be in Pemberton by lunchtime, then back to Whistler late afternoon for a look around, dinner & a drink somewhere .......... back to Pemberton for another couple of bevvies then to the B&B to try out the hot-tub ............ we're leaving early'ish the following morning coz my friend (visiting from the UK) wants to do the whole Capilano/Grouse/Stanley Park thing

ps.........we're staying over on Tue 8th, not Mon 7th ...... duh!!