Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

It's days like these....

It's days like these....

Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:39 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: It's days like these....

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I doubt thats true at all.

I prefer to say my posts come down in the middle. (Especially these days).

OK you want positive thoughts?

1) Family is still important
2) Parents respect their kids far more
3) The weather is way better
4) The skiing is awesome
5) The whole country is generally cleaner
6) The Federal Govt has far less influence than the National Govt in the UK
7) I (and many people I know) have a better STANDARD of living here than in the UK
8) I LOVE CANADA (that positive enough for you )
And I'm moving to BC........that good enough Butch?
Sorry, thread hijack. AGAIN.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:40 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saskia65
Would be better if you moved to AB
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Hey BC is only big enough for the one of us get out!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:42 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loki117
Sorry Loki, Sas has first call on me
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:43 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Oh...slinks away...to Alberta
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Sorry Loki, Sas has first call on me
HaHa ) Cool then I get first run on grouse while you two decide what to love about Canada.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:44 am
Account Closed

I went to Uni in Reading, and I've done the long commutes to work for years too....I'm with you on the move....
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

I went to Uni in Reading, and I've done the long commutes to work for years too....I'm with you on the move....
It sucks for sure! I was only in Reading because I worked for Microsoft now I am only here because I hate London more than I hate Reading. Its a hard life i tell you
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: It's days like these....

LOL

I realised how it read afterwards

Seriously we were looking at a larger move (maybe cross border) but now its within 90 minutes of Calgary.
Hi
You've moved loads, i bet your furniture is dizzy...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
Hi
You've moved loads, i bet your furniture is dizzy...
I dont move furniture internationally
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

I dont move furniture internationally
That told me!!!!
Being serious for a second, would it be better to start a fresh furniture wise, rather than getting it moved over?? Is the furniture cheapish or ???
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:21 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
That told me!!!!
Being serious for a second, would it be better to start a fresh furniture wise, rather than getting it moved over?? Is the furniture cheapish or ???
Furniture I would say on the whole is not cheaper than the UK. But it depends on what you are moving. If you are paying for a 20 ft container which because you have ditched half your furniture is now 1/3 empty, then it's a bit of a waste. You could bring the furniture and let it 'do you' for a while until you find the sales and bargains.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Tangram;6693847]Furniture I would say on the whole is not cheaper than the UK. But it depends on what you are moving. If you are paying for a 20 ft container which because you have ditched half your furniture is now 1/3 empty, then it's a bit of a waste. You could bring the furniture and let it 'do you' for a while until you find the sales and bargains.[/QUOTE

I think it would cost too much for what we've got??? New life, new furniture. lol And there's ikea's my Oh favourite shop. (not)

Last edited by ---mlm---; Aug 19th 2008 at 12:44 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

bootlecat is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=---mlm---;6693897]
Originally Posted by Tangram
Furniture I would say on the whole is not cheaper than the UK. But it depends on what you are moving. If you are paying for a 20 ft container which because you have ditched half your furniture is now 1/3 empty, then it's a bit of a waste. You could bring the furniture and let it 'do you' for a while until you find the sales and bargains.[/QUOTE

I think it would cost too much for what we've got??? New life, new furniture. lol And there's ikea's my Oh favourite shop. (not)
Bring your stuff if for no other reason than its familiar and if you have kids they'll appreciate having "their old english bedroom" while they get used to their new life in Canada. Don't underestimate how homesick you can get at times and how a little hold onto the old life can help to overcome it
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tangram
Furniture I would say on the whole is not cheaper than the UK. But it depends on what you are moving. If you are paying for a 20 ft container which because you have ditched half your furniture is now 1/3 empty, then it's a bit of a waste. You could bring the furniture and let it 'do you' for a while until you find the sales and bargains.
This I agree with

Originally Posted by bootlecat

Bring your stuff if for no other reason than its familiar and if you have kids they'll appreciate having "their old english bedroom" while they get used to their new life in Canada. Don't underestimate how homesick you can get at times and how a little hold onto the old life can help to overcome it
This I disagree with

BUT its my opinion Vs Bootles. And opinions are like arseholes everyone has one

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; Aug 19th 2008 at 2:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.