Reload this Page >

It's days like these....

It's days like these....

Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's days like these....

Hi
( Butch) Where are you originally from and where are you living now??? I think thats what a lot of people want from relocating, i've read many posts and they have commented on the kids, saying how they are more respectful, which is what england used to be like, many years ago. When you have children, they are your main concern and if my kids could have a free childhood like we had, then if moving to canada gives them that then thats what we'll do.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi Butch
Thats better Its such a big decision to relocate and i'm not looking on here for people to make my decision for me, but you sort of want confirmation that up heaving your family to a totally different country is the right thing to do. How long have u been in canada??
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:08 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
Hi
( Butch) Where are you originally from and where are you living now??? I think thats what a lot of people want from relocating, i've read many posts and they have commented on the kids, saying how they are more respectful, which is what england used to be like, many years ago. When you have children, they are your main concern and if my kids could have a free childhood like we had, then if moving to canada gives them that then thats what we'll do.
NO you misread I said PARENTS are more respectful of their kids. As in a lot of times in the UK I see parents belittling their kids\swearing at them\literally beating them in public. Yeah this happens in Calgary but its VERY UNUSUAL.

Where am I from? Lancs via SA\Somerset\Australia\Lancs\Australia\Lancs\London \Lancs. Now living in Calgary soon to be moving.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:11 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Butch
Thats better Its such a big decision to relocate and i'm not looking on here for people to make my decision for me, but you sort of want confirmation that up heaving your family to a totally different country is the right thing to do. How long have u been in canada??
Since march 2006.
Would i advise people to come here? YES thats why I'm in the process of trying to sponsor My own Parents, My In-Laws (her parents) AND my B-I-L (like I have said before I dont give a damn about him, I'm doing it for my niece)
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I doubt thats true at all.

I prefer to say my posts come down in the middle. (Especially these days).

OK you want positive thoughts?

1) Family is still important
2) Parents respect their kids far more
3) The weather is way better
4) The skiing is awesome
5) The whole country is generally cleaner
6) The Federal Govt has far less influence than the National Govt in the UK
7) I (and many people I know) have a better STANDARD of living here than in the UK
8) I LOVE CANADA (that positive enough for you )

Thanks Butch...loved the list, certainly put a huge smile on MY face!!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I've read about the kids being more respectful to adults as well, do you find that?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dis-Illusionist
Thanks Butch...loved the list, certainly put a huge smile on MY face!!
You're welcome.

Where you headed for again?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:24 am
Banned

Hi
I've read about the kids being more respectful to adults as well, do you find that?
Freakin right (in the main I might add)
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Hi
Butch is there anything you could say about canada that is positive, i've read many of your posts and most of them are negative about canada. If its so bad then why are you still there?????

I think what Butch is doing is painting a true and honest picture of the world and all those in it. It does alarm me slightly when i read posts that imply'Right that's it, im off to paradise' Thing is when your contemplating emigrating, i think you look hard for all the reasons to go, these are the things that push you to believe youre making the correct decision and you don't want to hear anything negative about your new life although deep down you know stuff happens.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:30 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

1) Family is still important
2) Parents respect their kids far more
3) The weather is way better
4) The skiing is awesome
5) The whole country is generally cleaner
6) The Federal Govt has far less influence than the National Govt in the UK
7) I (and many people I know) have a better STANDARD of living here than in the UK
8) I LOVE CANADA (that positive enough for you )
I`ve just printed this off and i`m nipping down to the shops to buy a nice frame for it
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
I`ve just printed this off and i`m nipping down to the shops to buy a nice frame for it
Hold up I just seen something on the BBC news about the temp in hell ....
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loki117
The difference is though Butch to some extent in Canada money can buy you out of that sort of problem
It can in the UK. Move to Virginia Water and crime and dirt will vanish in a trice.
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Since march 2006.
Would i advise people to come here? YES thats why I'm in the process of trying to sponsor My own Parents, My In-Laws (her parents) AND my B-I-L (like I have said before I dont give a damn about him, I'm doing it for my niece)
Is this why your soon to be moving?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I understand that and I know stuff happens everywhere. Your right when your making that decision you don't want to hear negative stuff. But after to reading many posts, it seems like things aren't as bad as here???
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Patsy
Is this why your soon to be moving?
LOL

I realised how it read afterwards

Seriously we were looking at a larger move (maybe cross border) but now its within 90 minutes of Calgary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.