Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

INterview EXP at NYC

INterview EXP at NYC

Old Apr 30th 2001, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

inders99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my Immigrant interview at NYC New York, Canadian conulate 2 weeks back, I had applied from USA as I work here on H1B visa and indian Citizen, I am in IT field.
Here is my Exp:
1. the visa officer asked my orignal passport and my spouse passport, varified it and wrote some information in computer.
2 Asked for my orignal Educational documents, which were handed over, asked how many yers I studied for MS after BS.
3. asked do I have any relative in Canada, I told NO
4 asked for orignal merriage certificate
5 asked can I provide some EXP letters, I had with me, were checked and retutned, was asked about my current skills, what I am doing, it was explained.

6 was asked to sign on the application form which was earlier sumitted by me
7. asked did i have any serious desease, or any criminal record, which I replied NO, officer Ticked on application form, same question were asked to my spouse and anaswer was NO.
8. asked abour recent bank statement, which was shown and visa officer made the copy of it and noted something in computer.
9. was asked were I want to settle in Canada , my reply was Totonto
Then the officer told me that as I have gained more experience in my skills, I will get more 3 points, I said THANK YOU,

Then I was told that I have PASSED the interview but if something goes wrong with medical report or one of us is found to have any serious desease than the PR can be denied, told that Principle applicant and spouse land at same time but if we wish Principle has to land First not dependent, told that PR will be valid for 12 months from the date of medical.
Officer gave us some form to fill up how much money we will carry with us to Canada, I put some amount and signed the form and returned.

the officer told that they will get the medical report from OTTAWA in 6-8 week time.
Then we can expect our Visa papers.
I said thank you ,the officer said GOOD LUCK and i left smiling.
The visa officer was very nice, I had read earlier that in NYC the interview is difficult, but for me it was like a very nice Chat of 20 minute with visa officer. Very good officer and very good exp.
I HAVE NOTED THAT,THEY ARE NOT INTRESTED IN SEEING YOUR MCSE,CNE CERTIFICTES, They are intresred in your actual Education certificates or Exp certificates.