Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

International Movers Canada to UK

International Movers Canada to UK

Old Apr 25th 2018, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Rooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond repute
Default International Movers Canada to UK

Hi all
So we are making the jump and heading back to England this summer. But Im having trouble trying to find and recommendations on removal companies. Has anyone any experience on this matter.
Thanks in advance and any info gratefully received.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

james_patrick_page is on a distinguished road
Default Re: International Movers Canada to UK

We asked for quotes from multiple movers and the prices varied wildly .

Best we received ( and used ) were Pickfords.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 7:28 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I've recently moved back to the UK and used Pickfords. They're one of few companies that handle the process from door to door without subcontracting the UK side to another company.

My experience with them was mixed - packing in BC home was carefully done, but somewhere along the process boxes got repackaged and items became thoroughly mixed up. The inventory list when we came to take delivery and unpack in the UK was meaningless. Box labels didn't reflect contents, multiple boxes had the same inventory number, and around 10% of listed inventory didn't arrive.

The UK business end has been ok trying to resolve things, but with £1000's of possessions missing it's ultimately been a disappointing process.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I've recently moved back to the UK and used Pickfords. They're one of few companies that handle the process from door to door without subcontracting the UK side to another company.

My experience with them was mixed - packing in BC home was carefully done, but somewhere along the process boxes got repackaged and items became thoroughly mixed up. The inventory list when we came to take delivery and unpack in the UK was meaningless. Box labels didn't reflect contents, multiple boxes had the same inventory number, and around 10% of listed inventory didn't arrive.

The UK business end has been ok trying to resolve things, but with £1000's of possessions missing it's ultimately been a disappointing process.
I was going to say I hope the move went well until I read your post Rich mate.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Frank Cullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooander
Hi all
So we are making the jump and heading back to England this summer. But Im having trouble trying to find and recommendations on removal companies. Has anyone any experience on this matter.
.... from experience, contact a reputable UK moving co and they’ll set you up with one of there partners in Canada, it’ll make things much smoother 🤟
Old Jun 14th 2018, 2:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

I'd suggest also posting in the MBTTUK forum : https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/

Whilst it's fascinating reading the reasons for various members moving back to the UK, could we get back on topic please ... International Movers Canada to UK - advice sought!

I've moved the off topic posts to their own thread - feel free to carry on on it!
Reasons we moved / are moving out of Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 14th 2018 at 2:59 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

rawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H

I read the reviews of Pickfords online and put me off them immediately. Mind you the reviews of Robinsons, Britannia, Crown, White and Co. were all equally bad. And much of it centres around packing and insurance. I am also going around through the quotes and it scares the heck out of me enough.

Realise that doesn't help but I suppose it's a case of taking the middle estimate and making plenty of prayers sadly.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Frank Cullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
check out CLARK & ROSE in the UK they have moving partners in Canada 👍