Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Interesting read about BC

Interesting read about BC

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:12 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting read about BC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7519178.stm

British Columbia is probably home to the largest concentration of organised criminal syndicates in the world.

Is this for real?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:19 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting read about BC

It goes on to say:

The striking aspect of BC's marijuana trade is that it has gone beyond the boundaries of traditional organised crime groups (although some are still heavily involved) and entered into the middle classes.

Much of the revenue derived from BC Bud, as the cannabis crop is known, goes on paying college fees, perhaps buying a second car or making that holiday to the Caribbean just a little bit more affordable.

So, if you include everyone involved in BC bud as an organized crime syndicate then I guess it is for real.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:19 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B

British Columbia is probably home to the largest concentration of organised criminal syndicates in the world.

Is this for real?
Sure, we're all involved in it. It's the latest Mom & Pop industry. Organised crime everywhere gun battles on the streets, don't move here, much safer in the UK.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:26 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
Sure, we're all involved in it. It's the latest Mom & Pop industry. Organised crime everywhere gun battles on the streets, don't move here, much safer in the UK.
That was my point, I feel much safer here in BC than I ever did in the UK.
I used to smoke the occasional joint back in England but since being here (in BC Bud land) no one else (well my Canadian friends) seems to smoke the stuff

How ironic is that?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

How ironic is that?
That seems very odd. Just about everyone smokes here.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:38 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to smoke the occasional joint back in England but since being here (in BC Bud land) no one else (well my Canadian friends) seems to smoke the stuff
You have the wrong friends

Seriously...are you sure they're friends ? Or perhaps they don't wish to be perceived as brain-addled dope fiends by the local Brits ? So they hide their symptoms of reefer madness.

R.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:47 pm
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Rich_007
You have the wrong friends

Seriously...are you sure they're friends ? Or perhaps they don't wish to be perceived as brain-addled dope fiends by the local Brits ? So they hide their symptoms of reefer madness.

R.
They tell me that smoking grass makes them feel paranoid and that they prefer drinking beer..
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:54 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

How ironic is that?
More money to be made selling the stuff than smoking the profits.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:24 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this for real?
knife crime, rape, murder seem to fade into insignificance here???? - I thought these would have been more relevant - sheeesh
Old Jul 25th 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

pint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud of

I think that you're feeling the difference between organised and disorganised crime.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:54 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

How ironic is that?
Wow, most my Canadian friends smoke, even the people you wouldn't of thought so do. Actually when I came here I was surprised (if not a tiny bit shocked) by who did, now it's just part of everyday life, no big deal.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 5:28 am

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bleech
Wow, most my Canadian friends smoke, even the people you wouldn't of thought so do. Actually when I came here I was surprised (if not a tiny bit shocked) by who did, now it's just part of everyday life, no big deal.
A big part of BC life (rightly or wrongly - choices!) Dude
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Is this for real?
Opps ! I hadn't seen your thread when I posted this, anyhow you can listen to the whole program on the link here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551017
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:31 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

It is not reserved for the young either!
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...b-76c13ce1afa5

Not sure what the pension benefits are like!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
It is not reserved for the young either!
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...b-76c13ce1afa5

Not sure what the pension benefits are like!
Excellent