Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Insufferable Canada

Insufferable Canada

Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:32 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Insufferable Canada

Originally Posted by dbd33
I have some exposure to life in other countries due to having family in the UK, a Swiss wife, an American common-law wife and having been with the aforementioned Newfie for almost a decade.
I take it that you are a Mormon. Have you ever lived in Bountiful, BC?

http://www.rickross.com/reference/po...olygamy65.html
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
I take it that you are a Mormon. Have you ever lived in Bountiful, BC?
I've never been to Bountiful though I was in Colorado City a couple of years ago. I'm not a Mormon but then neither are the members of the FLDS church.

A better guide than the one in your link is "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakaeur (sp?). That's a fascinating book.

Last edited by dbd33; Feb 12th 2006 at 7:42 pm. Reason: Remembered being in Vancouver
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:42 pm
Dazed & Confused

therobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud of

Being in the UK, I havent seen the ad...but I think the executive who thought it up needs a raise!!!

Its been the topic of conversation on this forum "advertising" Timmy's!!!

.......Now thats good advertising!!!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by therobbos
Being in the UK, I havent seen the ad...but I think the executive who thought it up needs a raise!!!

Its been the topic of conversation on this forum "advertising" Timmy's!!!

.......Now thats good advertising!!!
Think of the Hovis adverts, the flat capped kid on the bike, take away the drama and the tension and ad some schmaltz, if you've heard of Lawrence Welk figure him in as the van driver, if you don't know who he is use Liberace. Now you're getting near the ickiness of a Tim Horton's commercial.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:51 pm
Dazed & Confused

therobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud of

Think of the Hovis adverts, the flat capped kid on the bike, take away the drama and the tension and ad some schmaltz, if you've heard of Lawrence Welk figure him in as the van driver, if you don't know who he is use Liberace. Now you're getting near the ickiness of a Tim Horton's commercial.
Did you use the Hovis ad because I hail from Lancashire.....are you presuming I would associate with an advertisement like that?......
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Did you use the Hovis ad because I hail from Lancashire.....are you presuming I would associate with an advertisement like that?......
Oh good God! No, I didn't, it's just a sickly advert somewhat like the ones in Canada. I do not blame Lancashire for the poor of the world nor pollution in the Great Lakes nor do I endorse the delivery of bread by bicyling youths without crash helmets!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:00 pm
Dazed & Confused

Oh good God! No, I didn't, it's just a sickly advert somewhat like the ones in Canada. I do not blame Lancashire for the poor of the world nor pollution in the Great Lakes nor do I endorse the delivery of bread by bicyling youths without crash helmets!
All correct apart from the fact that it is now crack cocaine delivered by bicyling youths without crash helmets! ....we keep up with the times in lancashire unfortunately!!!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

All correct apart from the fact that it is now crack cocaine delivered by bicyling youths without crash helmets! ....we keep up with the times in lancashire unfortunately!!!

We watched a film about bicycling yobs yesterday, intermission, it was called. Dreadful, confused, plotless, unfunny, but still no commercials and no interruptions to tell us how poor Wayne's coping with the stress.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:19 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Don't worry, Wayne will cope with the stress by helping Team Canada win yet another gold metal in hockey.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Don't worry, Wayne will cope with the stress by helping Team Canada win yet another gold metal in hockey.
Didn't they play already ? I saw something about Canada winning 16-0. I wonder what the spread was on that.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:33 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Didn't they play already ? I saw something about Canada winning 16-0. I wonder what the spread was on that.
That was the women's hockey team vs. Italy. Today our women's team beat Russia 12-0. The men's team haven't started playing yet.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

That was the women's hockey team vs. Italy. Today our women's team beat Russia 12-0. The men's team haven't started playing yet.
I can hardly wait...
Old Feb 12th 2006, 11:14 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by macadian
I can hardly wait...
You should be interested... questions about the results may be on your citizenship test.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

You should be interested... questions about the results may be on your citizenship test.
eh!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:35 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the "cradle Canadians" posting on this forum have extensive experience across Canada in addition to international experience. I have resided in Ontario, Newfoundland, Alberta and BC, and visited nearly every city and town in the country. Beyond that, I have resided in (not merely visited) Daytona Beach Shores (Florida), La Jolla (California), Nassau (The Bahamas) and Cabo San Lucas (Mexico). So I have resided in four countries over the last 10 years. Just how many countries have you resided in - and not merely visited?
Sorry I just have to contribute here!!

Granted you have seen a great deal of Canada and the US but please do not even attempt to paint Canada, the US and The Bahamas as three distinct and diverse cultures!!! I would hazard a guess that even Cabo San Lucas has a huge US\Canadian influence in its ammenities!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.