Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Information for PR & new citizens having a baby

Information for PR & new citizens having a baby

Old Sep 6th 2014, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information for PR & new citizens having a baby

Positive post, pinzo! And Congratulations too!
Old Sep 6th 2014, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dishwashing
Positive post, pinzo! And Congratulations too!
Thanks!
If I can help prevent someone else go through the hassle I've been through then my job is done!
Old Sep 7th 2014, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

I think it must have been a glitch, but good to be aware of. We've had 3 here, 2 as PR, one as citizen, and no issues.

Congrats on your new monkey though
Old Sep 13th 2014, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dashie
I think it must have been a glitch, but good to be aware of. We've had 3 here, 2 as PR, one as citizen, and no issues.

Congrats on your new monkey though
Thanks Dashie,
Good to hear you've had no issues...its been a bit of muddle getting mine sorted out....things take so long to get processed it's just a waiting game now
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on the arrival, and glad the problem with CCTB got fixed.

Just as an aside, you can get CCTB on a Temporary Work Permit, with a SIN beginning with 9. You need to be resident for 18 months before applying though.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:34 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. We've increased the population by two kids since moving here 10 years ago. My CCTB story is that following the birth of our second kid we forgot to apply for UCCB/CCTB. Put it down to forgetfulness, dealing with my wife being very ill post the birth & then with a child with a physical impairment & the general lunacy of family life, work etc, but we forgot and only realised 2 years later! We put in a retrospective application which required a little more in the way of supporting paperwork - like a letter from our GP stating that she'd been provided care to daughter and that Mrs AX was primary caregiver (CRA generally categorise the mother as primary caregiver) - but after a couple of month contemplation we got a large, retrospective payment. So the wheels of bureaucracy move slowly but can be turned!
Old Sep 16th 2014, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the congrats Wolstie & Atlantic.

I'm still waiting for the CRA to update my file after sending them proof of my status as PR at the time of my baby's birth. They said 6-8 weeks from when they received my letter.
I think I'll wait before I send them proof of my citizenship...don't want to confuse matters!
Like you said Atlantic, wheels do move, just very slowly!

I'm looking forward to getting several cheques once they correct my file.

We'll see how long it takes!