Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Info for newcommers...Terry Fox

Wikiposts

Info for newcommers...Terry Fox

Old Sep 17th 2004, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info for newcommers...Terry Fox

Originally Posted by willmore
Ah, you're an expert already....you know how to take a subject "off-topic", an important criteria for this forum.
Genious! You've beaten every smart ass in Canada AND Europe (and the UK, for those who still talk about Europe when they actually mean the mainland Europe) with this one!
Originally Posted by iaink
bumped to top
Ok....even the expert at taking subjects off-topic is confused.....what are you going on about.......
Exactly as he said. By adding a new post to this thread he kicked it (ie this thread) to the top of the list. No surprise this action is also known as "kicking".
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:10 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Ok....even the expert at taking subjects off-topic is confused.....what are you going on about.......
"bumped to top" is basically an empty message with no purpose but to send this thread back to the top of the first page, so that it receives immediate attention.

Few people bother reading anything that has slipped past the first page on view.

See. This thread is now top of the list again, if only for a few seconds till someone posts something else.

You used to be able to just post "bump" but this system informed me that it required "at least 5 characters". On this forum I nominate Willmore, Toontje, Glaswegian, Squarepants, and Liftman In no particular order, and intending no offence to those ommited from the list!

Last edited by iaink; Sep 17th 2004 at 8:18 am.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Damn. I've put a post in another thread so this one moved down.
I already gave at a door to door collection to the dutch Kanker Fonds (Cancer Fund), an organisation that raises money for cancer research.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Info for newcommers...Terry Fox

Originally Posted by Toontje
I already gave at a door to door collection to the dutch Kanker Fonds (Cancer Fund), an organisation that raises money for cancer research.
You guys are making things far too complicated for my small brain.....what are earth are you going on about?????
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:30 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are making things far too complicated for my small brain.....what are earth are you going on about?????
I'm beginning to think this website looks very different on a Mac. For example, the problem with the quotes, and the concept of sending this thread back to the top of the page so it appears unread to PC users.

Dont get me wrong, Im not having a go at Mac users, I just dont know what it looks like from that side of the fence.

All Toon was saying is that he "already gave at the office", to a Dutch Cancer Charity. its even related to the original topic and everything!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Info for newcommers...Terry Fox

Originally Posted by iaink
I'm beginning to think this website looks very different on a Mac. For example, the problem with the quotes, and the concept of sending this thread back to the top of the page so it appears unread to PC users.

Dont get me wrong, Im not having a go at Mac users, I just dont know what it looks like from that side of the fence.

All Toon was saying is that he "already gave at the office", to a Dutch Cancer Charity. its even related to the original topic and everything!
You are so.....having a "go" at MAC lovers....but that's ok....just remember that it's a MAC on safari that maintains this forum........so hahaha....to all you PC users........

Ok.....sorry I do get it now....sometimes it takes me awhile....sort of like Glaswegian wit.....I have to think about it for a few minutes before I really understand it!!!!!

I think we need to lean a little harder on Toon for trying to keep on topic.....I thought he was already an off-topic convert!!!!!

Last edited by willmore; Sep 17th 2004 at 9:22 am.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:18 am
Glaswegian

Uw filantropie is goed

Old Sep 18th 2004, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Uw filantropie is goed
A bit archaic, but thanks anyway.

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Mijn hovercraft is volledig van palingen
My hoovercraft is completely made of eels??????
Old Sep 18th 2004, 2:47 am
Glaswegian

My hoovercraft is completely made of eels??????
It's an old line from a Monty Python sketch about a tourist in London trying to use a phrase book ... "My hovercraft is full of eels".

What's the correct translation and I'll change it ....